12. Red Moon/ Fanatic

Magsimula sa umpisa

I sighed. As much as I told myself that she hadn't been real, I still became quickly consumed by my lust for her. If something hadn't unfortunately pulled me out of it, I might've been content to stay right where I was.

I was almost ready to damn the real Y/N when this one felt so real.

Let me live and die right here in my head if I could have her!

But something had pulled me out. Something... real. It wasn't a fantasy. It surely wasn't in my head. Which means I had heard a noise.

Someone was here.

Could it really be? Were all my fantasies about to become reality? It was Y/N! It had to be! She must've known I was here. Maybe she came to confess her love? Tell me she couldn't live without me just like I couldn't live without her?

It had to be... it had to be. It couldn't be anyone else. Y/N and I had that connection that only soulmates could have.

But I had to make sure of course. I had to remind myself that it could be anyone. I kept my guard up, ready to strike with Crazy Diamond, just in case.

I peered my head outside the classroom and turned on my flashlight. The morning was coming soon, but I wanted to see everything.

As far as I could tell, there was nothing down the hall. No sign of movement, not even a rat.

I could gone back to my project and my fantasies, getting ready for Y/N to come and see all the love I have for her. But, something just told me to keep going and make sure there was truly nothing and nobody on school grounds.

I walked slowly down the hall. Well, at least it felt slow. Perhaps slow wasn't even the right word. It felt like I was not moving at all, walking endlessly down what seemed to be an infinite hall. Passing the same doors, walking over the same tiles.

Was this my mind playing tricks on me again?

I couldn't handle it, my mind causing me to panic. I slumped down against the wall, hyperventilating.

"It's Su's, I know it is!"

It was distant, but I heard it. I knew it! It was real.

My body got up and began running like a maniac before my mind even knew it was happening. It was still trying to process the voice. That voice. It wasn't Y/N.

It was the one person I saw while trying to find Y/N just a few hours ago.

Celine.

And I doubt she was alone. I should've known. The way she looked at me earlier, she knew something was off. She was smart. Or maybe it was just so obvious already that I had lost it and I just couldn't tell anymore.

Her voice had come from above. From the roof. Did she know about...?

No. That wasn't possible.

I opened the door to the stairwell and ran up two steps at a time.

Who were you here with, Celine? Could it be my Y/N? I will protect her from whatever you have to say.

I reached the door to the roof, turned the knob, and pushed.

I expected to be greeted by the sight of Celine, whoever else was with her, and the early morning sky. Instead my vision instantly went all red! I was blinded!

Celine, a stand user?!

But it wasn't her.

It was him. Of course it was him.