Chapter 2

Jack's P.O.V.

~A week later~ *spongebob time lapse voice*

I awoke to the sound of giggling. I lazily sat up in bed and opened my eyes to see my daughter and husband tickling each other like mad. I laughed.

Alex was the best husband anyone could ever have. He's been nothing but sweet to Desi and I.

I just wish he didn't always work late. Desi and I are at home for an hour or two before he gets back.

Alex stopped tickling Desi.

"Go on and get ready for school." He told Desi. She smiled and ran to her room.

"I'm taking her today." Alex said

"Ok."

"I love you."

He kissed me.

"I love you too."

"I'm going to get ready."

We both started to get ready.

~~~

I got to work and noticed Rian wasn't in the front like he usually is.

I went in the back and heard two people talking. I knocked and then Rian came over to me.

"Jack! We have a new employee." Rian said happily.

A man with dark hair appeared next to Rian.

"Hey." He smiled and waved.

"Hi." I copyed him.

"This is Josh and Josh, this is Jack." Rian introduced.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled at me. I don't know why but I felt like it was almost a smirk.

"You too." I said.

"Get to work." Rian jokingly said.

We both chuckled.

I went to the beanies and started putting them on the racks neater.

~~~~

Twas the end of the day. Josh left and hour or two ago. He said he was going to see his boyfriend.

He must have one sweet boyfriend because he seemed super happy to see him.

I was getting ready to leave.

"Dude. What do you think of Josh?" Rian asked while I packed my things.

"He's cool. He just seemed a little devious around me. Don't you think? Like he knew something I didn't."

"Yeah, he was. It's probably stupid. I hope he likes it here, we could use some extra hands."

"Yeah. Goodnight Ri."

"Night Jay."

I began my journey to Desi's school.

~~~~~

Alex finally arrived home.

I went to the door to greet him but noticed he was crying.

"What happened? Are you alright?" I asked and hugged him.

He pushed me away.

"You don't deserve me Jack. I fucked up." He sobbed.

I heard tiny footsteps behind me and a pair of arms latch around my leg.

"Why's daddy crying and mad?" She asked me.

"Honey. Could you do me a favor and go to your room please? Daddy has to talk to daddy." I asked her.