midnight snacks

Louis wakes up in the middle of the night, alone. Louis blinks, rolling onto his back and sitting up. He stands up and folds his arms across his chest, shivering in just his boxers. He probably woke up because it's so fucking cold without Harry in bed with him. He walks into the kitchen to find Harry, baking cookies. Louis furrows his eyebrows, confused. 

"Harry?" Louis says, his voice raspy from just waking up, rubbing his eyes. "What are you doing? It's three in the morning. Why are you making cookies?"

Harry turns to see him, smiling. "Lou. Why are you up?"

"Because you weren't in bed anymore." Louis says. "Come back to bed, Harry. It's the middle of the night and I'm cold and tired." He pauses. "Why are you up?"

"I couldn't sleep." Harry says. 

Louis sighs, rubbing his eyes. He walks over and hops up on the counter, eyes falling closed. Harry chuckles and walks over to him, resting his hands on his thighs. He kisses his forehead.

"You're awfully cute when you're sleepy." Harry says. 

Louis rests his head on his shoulder. "Well, you're very annoying when you make me wake up at three am." 

"Go back to bed, then, Lou." Harry says. 

"I can't. Not unless you come too." Louis says. "Just finish baking in the morning, Haz." 

"Ten more minutes." Harry says. "Promise." 

"Harry." Louis protests weakly. "I'm tired now." Harry picks Louis up, holding him close. "Fuck you, Harry." Louis mumbles, resting his head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, love you too." Harry says with a chuckle. 

"Hazza, please come to bed." Louis says, half-asleep again. "I'm tired."

"Shhh. Soon." Harry says softly.

Louis yawns and closes his eyes, falling asleep on Harry's shoulder. Harry smiles. He walks into the bedroom and sets him down on the bed. He doesn't stir so Harry walks back out to finish baking, thinking of Louis the whole time.

Soon, Harry crawls into bed with him, wrapping his arms around him and pulling him closer. 

"Haz." Louis mumbles. "You're here."

"Yeah, Lou." Harry says, kissing his neck gently. 

"Don't leave anymore, okay, Haz?" Louis says.

"Never again." Harry says. "Never again."

"I love you, Harry."

"I love you too."