iii.

|

.‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 |
˚₊‧

"I guess I did hit him pretty hard."

I mumbled, resting the green-eyed boy on the ground.

"Are you alright Lady?" The girl came up to me with a concerning gaze.

"Yes," I softly smiled.

"Amazing! Can I feel your hands?" She exclaimed as she held out her hand.

"Mmm," unable to produce an answer, she took my hands in hers anyways.

"Wow! So soft, but you hit him so hard!" She giggled as Zenitsu shoved her to the side, caught by an irritated Tanjiro, as he grasped my hands.

"I just wanna be soothed by your hands for the rest of my life!" He exclaimed, rubbing his face against my hands as everyone gave him a look of disgust and...another emotion I'm not familiar with.

"Enough Zenitsu!" Tanjiro whacked him in the side of the head, throwing him off me, "Can't you see you make her uncomfortable?"

"It's you that's making me uncomfortable, there's an emotion I can't understand. What are you feeling right now?" I questioned as he gave me a nervous look.

"E-Emotion?" He chuckled as he rubbed his neck, "What makes you say that?"

"I have a strong sense of emotion. So far I can understand things like anger, happiness, sadness, pain, disgust, and fear. But what I can tell from you is a mix of pain and an emotion I am not yet familiar with. Please tell me Tanjiro," I grasped his hands as he stared at me with widened eyes, "When I touch someone I can read the emotions even clearer. I see, it was anger."

That's not all is it Tanjiro? Why won't you help me understand...

"Yeah, anger," he laughed and I frowned, disappointed.

"Liar."

"H-Huh?"

"Let's just bury the corpses, we shouldn't take that long here, it'll be dark soon," I ignored the confusion Tanjiro radiated as Zenitsu slowly stood on his feet once again, mumbling words along 'marry' and 'love' as he helped me carry the first corpse out, though he ended up freaking out, making me do all the work.

As Tanjiro worked with the children to bury the corpses, I and Zenitsu continued to carry out the bodies.

"Are we almost finished?" Zenitsu whined as he watched Tanjiro set another stone on the burial.

"Zenitsu! You've barely even done anything!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he pointed a finger at the person at fault.

"Y-Y/n understands though! Right, my wife?" Zenitsu looked at me with pleading eyes.

"It's fine Tanjiro, plus there's only one more—"

"AGGGHHHH."

A yell erupted behind us as we all stared at the boar kid who finally woke up.

"Ah, he's awake!" Zenitsu yelped as Inosuke started to charge at him.