Chapter 1

Mia's POV

"Omg did you see Tobias wearing his jacket?" Perry squealed to her chick friends.

"Omg yes gosh I want him to be my mate so bad." Tammy said with her caked face.

I bet she wants him in her bed. Ha ha.

"Hurry up loser we have a party to go to!" Nancy said as we got into are neighborhood.

I rolled my eyes and pulled in are driveway. The three hookers left the car and I drove off to my work.

I work at a dentist office as a receptionist. It pays me for my phone bill and snacks. I walked in and went behind the desk and let people check in to get their teeth checked and such.

"Hello Mia good to see you again." Dr. Anna said as she was looking at someone's gums.

"Hello Dr. Anna." I said with a fake smile.

"I think you can use the day off today since you might have school work." Dr. Anna said as she finished the patient.

"Ok I guess." I shrugged and headed home.

----------------------------------------------

"So Nancy and Perry how was your day?" Rosalyn asked during dinner.

"Good I got Tobias's attention! I hope he asks me out!" Perry bragged.

"Mine was fine I guess I want to find my mate." Nancy said with a glum look.

"You'll find him sweetie." Roselyn said with determination.

"You know summer is only two months away and your off to college girls." Samuel said and took a bite of his steak.

"Who cares about college." Perry snorted.

"Unless you wanna flip burgers for a living." I muttered hoping she doesn't hear.

"Now Mia makes a good point there. You don't wanna be that person after high school." Sam said.

"Ugh whatever." Perry scowled. What a bitch.

I honestly feel bad for her mate in the future. I bet he's gonna reject her like a friend request. If I was her mate I would reject her too.

"Mia go to your room you waste of air." Roselyn shooed.

I excused myself from the table and went into my room to do my school work. I hope to go to a college or anywhere far away from here in this kingdom full of wolves.

I wish my parents were alive. I wish I had been adopted by better people. I wish my life didn't suck.

"I hate this world!" I heard Nancy and Perry scream.

"Why why did Zayn have to leave one direction!!" Nancy bawled.

Oh my god they need to fucking grow up and get their shit together.

"Girls be quiet do your homework!" Rosalyn yelled.

----------------------------------------------

After my shower I got changed into booty shorts and a loose tee and laid in bed and wrote an entry.

Dear Diary,
Today was good I guess. Nancy and Perry were trying to get Tobias in their beds like normal. I have some money to run away far from this hell hole. Sam is the only person who loves me. I have to sleep cya.
Love,
Mia

I closed my notebook and let the darkness welcome me.

Duke's POV

"Prince the ball is in two days we shall send the invites tomorrow morning." A servant said and left my chambers.

I may be 20 years old but I don't want to host a ball to find my mate. I want to find her on my own not from my father. I'm the Alpha King!

"Son I'll see you at the ball in two days." My father said and left me in my room.

I sighed and changed into my boxers and crawled into my king size bed.

I want my mate so badly in my arms. I want to hold her and comb my fingers in her hair. I want her to have natural beauty and not caked makeup like a slut.

I sighed and let sleep take over