Walking stage

Hello everyone! While writing Until this chapter story went slowly and quite safely, but with this one the action will become faster and a bit dangerous once again to write. So I'll try to upload it more regulary to not keep in unsureness
Anyway I wish you fun while reading;)

It was sunny and quiet day in Pontypandy. By the five days everything has gone back to normal, as normal it could be. The shifts were straight again, Sam and Elvis got on well together, the only problem was how to bring Penny and Ellie together when Penny kept working with Emily or Sam while Ellie with Arnold and Elvis when it was possible. Their frinds didn't have too much time to think of it that day in a kitchen, because Station Officer Steele, who was very happy about this normal time again, at least he looked like that, wanted to tell them something important.

"As you probably know, this Friday is the show organised for our pioniers. We were asked to take care of security as we are firefighters. Because fireman Jones is going to Cardiff that day, firefighter Morris is taking his place as a second team leader" he ordered and went to cupboard to take some biscuits. "I wish you all good day and fun for this of you who will go there" he closed the door and walked down the stairs.

"Why are you going to Cardiff?" Ellie asked Sam curiously. All team turned their heads expectedly to look at him.

"I am going to Cardiff Fire Academy for some temporary tests. I'm sure you will go soon too" he answered casually, drinking his cold tea.

"Norman Price and James Jones are lost in the caves" Station Officer Steele's voice woke them up from conversation and they slipped down the bars.

Three days later
Penny walked down the streets of Pontypandy to reach the quay where the show was going to take place. When she came to the wooden stage, she started checking everything from her checking list. When she ended checking the fire extiguashers and security exits, she made completly sure that stage rails to prevent falls as last time when the stage was built, she must dove to the bottom of sea to take it out of water as it slidded down. It mustn't repeate. It could be a real danger if someone wasn't careful.

When she checked everything few times, she heard too familiar chuckle, which she could recognize between one million others. She looked up from the security lines to see Sam's joyful face.

"I thought I am the one who always check everything too many times" he joked.

"It doesn't have something as too many times if it goes to safety. As you always say it..." she thought. "Ah, I remember, safety always comes first!" she said, trying to imitate his voice.

"We talk about it almost one thousand times" he rubbed his nose in annoyance, but had to smile when Penny couldn't hold back her laugh anymore. "Are you end this checking?" he asked teasingly when she calmed down a bit.

"Yes, I'm sure everything is good. Come on" she ran a few meters down the street, but stopped to turned back to look expectantly at Sam. When he ran to her, she stood him in the way, fortunately they didn't fell on each other. She laughed briefly. "How was you test?"

"Good, it wasn't as hard as everyone says."

"I suspect that for a firefighter like you it was the easiest in your life" she said playfully and poked Sam's side.

"The real life like to put you in situation that has nothing to do with school tests. That's why I agree with you" as he said it, Penny started running to the fire station, asking him if he become few years older by this exam and he couldn't help, but shook his head and chased his friend.

When they ran to the garage, they met Emily. She went without a word, so she probably was lost in her thoughts. Anyway, Sam and Penny went upstairs and drank cold tea, talking and joking.

When the time of the start of the show came, Penny said goodbye to Sam, Ellie, Arnold and Elvis, who all had a shift that evening, and walked downstairs. She opened her locker, took her backpack out and walked to the quay. They were all people of Pontypandy and all the pioneers as well. She smiled and took her seat at the left of the stage in the background, but still close enough if something would happen. She saw that Emily was always there, sitting back to Penny on the other side of audience. The whole show went well, until...

Somebody screamed when the stage started shaking and slipping back, right to the sea. Unfortunately at the stage the pioneers were still standing. Bronwyn and Charlie straightened their hands and caught Sarah and James who jumped. Mandy was caught by her father and Norman by his mother, but unsuccessfully, because they both fall on the ground. The only pioneer, who was still in danger, was Derek. Penny tried to hepl him, but she was too slo. Fortunately Emily was faster, she jumped and pushed the boy with her and they flew by the whole stage to fall on the ground at the time when loud noise of the stage meeting sea surface could be heard. Immediately Penny helped Derek got up and he ran to his aunt, but when Penny stretched out her hand to help her get up, she turned her head back and got up on her own. It seemed a little strange for Penny, she couldn't get it out of her head when everyone stopped gather and went to their houses and she went back to Pontypandy Fire Station.

"Firefighter Morris, may I ask you to come to my office?" Station Officer Steele asked formally, but Penny had a feeling that it was more an order than a question. She nodded, feeling the gazes of the rest of the team, which were standing with their backs to Jupiter. Under their gazes she felt like their weight pressed her to the ground, something was bad and they all knew it...