The start

The Hillwood High students shout,chatter,and act crazy in the auditorium until the principal Mrs. Regan walks on stage."Students,"she starts. Still out of control."Students," Students still shout."Students!" She yells into the microphone. Everyone stops,it goes to small chitter-chatter,then goes silent."Now I know you all are anxious to see which two students won the contest so their class can go to New York,but there is no need to loose order! Now,let me read who won..." She cover the microphone with her hand and whisper-shouts to her new assistant to give her the paper. A short redhead,around the age of twenty,scurries onto stage and hands her then note. She then scurries off stage like a squirrel. "Now the winners are..."she opens the note."Campfire lass,and Arnold-"his last name is interrupted by the janitor dropping glass. There was only one Arnold in school,so immediately everyone knew who he was. The room fills with cheers from the winning classes,and groans from everyone else."Now there's no need to groan,be happy for your fellow peers and congratulations to Mr. Simmon's and Ms. Velleto's classes!" The principal exclaims and walks off the stage with the click-clacking of her shoes. The teacher round up their classes and head back on schedule."All students going on the trip head to the front office. All students going on the trip head to the front office."the assistant says over the loudspeakers. All the students head to the office.
The principal just talked about rules,packing, behavior, and all the important info to students. As everyone leaves,Helga walks beside Phoebe and chats."I can't believe we actually won!"she exclaims."I'm quite surprised too. I plan on enjoying myself along with the accompany of you and hopefully...Gerald."Phoebe sighs.Helga rolls her eyes. People had known for years they both had a thing for each other,but they just won't admit it."Well I'm going for the excitement. I wanna meet someone famous!"Helga says."Hey,let's go congratulate Arnold!"Phoebe suggests,and pulls Helga along before she has a say."Hello Arnold,Gerald."Phoebe greets."Hey Phoebe and Helga."both boys greet."Me and Helga just came over to congratulate you Arnold."she says and elbows Helga."Ow! Oh,yea,congrats Football head."Helga says."Wow,thanks Helga."Arnold says,a bit shocked at her kindness."Well don't get used to it bucko."she says.'Same Helga..'Arnold thinks to himself. Everyone goes to their next three classes until dismissal. Helga rides the bus home and enter the front door."Im home,even though I doubt anyone cares!"Helga exclaims sarcastically and goes up to her room to pack. Gratefully,she finished all her homework in 4th period and had time to do whatever she wanted. She brings her bag downstairs and walks into the kitchen to see her mother,Miriam,passed out on the counter.She shakes her mother awake until she exclaims"What?Im awake,I was just looking for my keys and took a nap!" Helga rolls her eyes and lays a paper in front of her."They're on the key rack. Now please sign this."Helga orders. Miriam looks around to see a suitcase."W-what?Why d-do you have a suitcase?"she hiccups."I told you last week,I'm going on a trip to New York with my class. We leave tomorrow,now sign the slip." Helga was used to Miriam's confused behavior. I mean,how else was a alcoholic supposed to act? Miriam signs the paper and congratulates Helga. She then get up to make another 'smoothie' but we all know what was in those. Helga leaves her suitcase by the key rack,knowing it would be safe. She runs upstairs to call Phoebe. It rings two times and she picks up."Hello,Hyerdahl residence." "Hey Pheebs,it's Helga. You wanna go catch some ice cream from Slausen's so we can spy on the boys playing baseball? I would play with them,but I'm tired today." She suggests."Sure,I just finished studying anyway. See you there!"Phoebe agrees and hangs up.
Helga walks outside into the fresh April air. She wore black jeans,a pink shirt,a pink bow charm bracelet,and black flats with pink bows on them. Her hair was in a simple ponytail that blew in the wind as she headed to Slausen's. She arrives there to meet Phoebe. She was wearing black leggings,a baby-blue shirt,with baby blue sneakers and a pearl jewelry set."Hello,Helga." Phoebe greets. "Hey." Helga says and heads inside with her. Phoebe orders a blueberry milkshake,and Helga ordered a vanilla cone. Both girls sit at the front booth by the window to watch and talk about the boys. Helga gazed at Arnold with a lovesick stare as Phoebe followed suit,but with Gerald. Both boys were a bit muscular,and sweaty. But in a way,they only looked good while doing it. The other boys looked like sweaty dogs to be honest. The two girls spend their time eating,gazing,and talking about the boys until the guys gathered up to leave."Wait they're leaving!"Helga exclaims as she throws away her napkins and rushes to stand outside. Both girls stand nonchalantly until Gerald comes up and greets Phoebe."Hi Phoebe."he says rubbing his neck."Hello,Gerald."she blushes and Helga rolls her eyes just as Arnold approaches."Hey Helga."he says." 'Sup Football Head. How's it goin'?"she replies."You look nice today,Phoebe."Gerald flirts.Helga sticks a finger in her mouth and pretends to throw up as Phoebe giggles flirtatiously. Arnold laughs."Good. How 'bout you?" "Eh,hangin' in there. And watching these two obviously falling for each other." Helga replies. Phoebe and Gerald are in their own world,so they don't hear her.'Same Helga.'Arnold thinks to himself."Well,anyway,I should get going because I have a strict curfew and I don't want to hold up our best friends."Phoebe says.'Like she already hasn't!' Helga thinks to herself and rolls her eyes. She was so sarcastic. Arnold laughs to himself.'Even in her mind she has a silver tongue huh?'he thinks."Um,w-well okay. Goodbye Phoebe"Gerald sheepishly stutters and blushes. Both parties separate and the last thing Helga hears is Arnold saying "You really need to ask her out. It's obvious she likes you too and you guys would make a great couple." Helga smiles to herself,secretly happy for her best friend.
The next morning Helga wakes up with a yawn and a smile on her face. It was the first time in a long time she was happy to wake up early. She rolls over and looks at the clock.'8:30...hmm...'She thinks. Then gasps. "The flight leaves at 9:00!"she exclaims and hops out of bed,into the shower. After, she grabs her plane ticket without reading it and rushes out the door with her stuff. She hails a taxi and pays the driver the money she took from her mother's purse.Then she finally gets to relax. She sits back and thinks for a moment. She knew it was wrong to steal from her mother's purse,but all she was going to do was buy more alcohol. So in way way,she was kind of doing her mother a favor. 15 minutes later she arrives at the airport and rushes to ring her best friend."Helga,Helga,what happened to you? You look terrible!" Phoebe exclaims. "Thanks for the self esteem boost,and I woke up late so I had to rush."Helga explains."What do you mean?Didn't you read your ticket,the flight leaves at 9:30!"Phoebe informs.Helga reads her ticket,and clearly in bold red print,it said the flight lets at 9:30."Really?Ugh,well whatever. I'm tired and I'm going to spend the next 30 minutes sleeping."Helga groans."Oh no you're not!"Phoebe starts."We're going in that bathroom to REALLY get you dressed!"Phoebe demands and drags Helga into the restroom before their peers could see her.
Later a woman announces the flight of their plane."Come on,come on! The flight Is leaving!"Helga rushes."Wait,don't rush me!"Phoebe exclaims as she does the finishing touches on Helga's lipstick. Them both girls rush out with their stuff and finally make it to their seats."Whew,I thought they were gonna leave us!"Helga sighs. Arnold then comes and sits next to her."Um,what are you doing here?"she asks."Because I sit here."he laughs."Wow,you really didn't read your ticket did you?"Phoebe asks astonished."Ugh,now I have to sit next to Football Head all flight!"Helga complains. Gerald comes and sits next to Phoebe."Don't worry Helga. I won't annoy you to much. But I will annoy you."Arnold flirts unconsciously. Everyone is taken aback for a moment.'Was he really just flirting with Helga G. Pataki?!'Gerald thinks. He decides to not entertain the thought and texts on his phone. Three hours into the flight, Arnold keeps poking Helga as she reads and listens to music,and she's starting to get agitated. "Will you leave me alone?!"she snarls at him after he pokes her once again. He laughs and says "Whhy?? I'm bored,let's have fun on this flight!"like a seven year old. "Oh I'll show you fun!"Helga threatens and tried to smack him in the back of the head until Phoebe stops her. Helga looks at her only to see a stronger look saying 'Don't do it.' Helga sighs and sits back,ignoring Arnold and eventually falls asleep.
Later she wakes up and spends time reading and getting agitated by Arnold,and after eating,she goes back to sleep after a quick fan-fiction read. Around midnight the plane goes into a bit turbulence,waking up,and frightening her. Everyone is complaining while other are yelling from fright. This makes Helga panic more and she ends up clinging onto Arnold to dear life. Arnold blushes a bit at this sudden contact. "We apologize passengers,just a bit of turbulence,that is all. Please go back to doing your thing." A flight attendant says. Some students grumble while other continue watching the current movie as some quickly go sound to sleep. Helga realizes what portion she's and quick lets go. "Sorry Football Head, I hate flying in planes."she mumbles and tries to get to sleep. The problem was she couldn't,because her being so close to Arnold clouded her mind. She felt safe in his arms,and secretly didn't want to leave. But how would that look to everyone else? Sleep eventually creeps into every passenger and the flight goes smoothly.
Helga yawns and stretches,still in her seat. Wait,no,she...was on Arnold's chest! 'What?!'she frantically thinks and tries to sit up. She struggles more and more,only to realize Arnold had unconsciously gripped onto her as if she was a teddy bear overnight. She sighed. Now she would have to wait until he woke up for her to be freed. Helga waits,slightly uncomfortable and annoyed until finally Arnold wakes up with a yawn. Very shortly he realizes what situation he was in. His cheeks blush as he lets go of Helga and stutters quietly "S-sorry..." Helga nods and looks out the window to see the sun shining and beautiful puffy clouds."Why did you even hold onto me?"Helga asks out of the blue while Arnold's mind was racing. He was taken aback for a moment."W-well when I was younger I had a special teddy bear that reminded me of my parents,and I would always hold it close while I slept. Heh,who knew that habit was still suck in me after so many years. I mean,I'm almost eighteen."he explains."Ah."Helga mumbles in understanding. She turns behind to see Phoebe curled up on her seat,laying on Gerald,while his arms were around her and his head on hers."They both need to be a couple."Helga says."Yeah."Arnold agrees. Everyone seemed to calm down for the last three hours of the flight,and then It landed. Everyone clapped as they exited the plane."Im so glad we're off that flying death trap!"Helga exclaims to Phoebe as she stretches."Now,now students."Mr. Simmons starts."I know you love being in New York,but I've lived here before and it's very fast and confusing. I need you to stay in groups of four and STAY TOGETHER. We already spoke about all situations,so just follow those rules." "Ok."the crowd says together. "I understand you have jet lag,but we have to get on those two busses and get to our hotel,okay?" Ms. Velleto says on her Irish accent. Everyone groans,but listen and walks outside the airport and onto the busses. While on each bus, the teachers choose each group."I can't wait to go rest when we get to the hotel."Helga says to her best friend."I concur, my jet lag is bothering me extremely." Phoebe agrees."Helga,quiet!"Mr. Simmons says to Helga and continues choosing groups. She scowls,but pays him no mind. "And the last group is...Arnold,Helga,Phoebe,and Gerald."Mr. Simmons concludes."What?!"they all exclaim,some with excitement,others with confusion."Im sorry but you were the last four. You're just going to have to deal with it. Just get along,you guys might like it."he explains and sits at the front of the bus. Helga sighs in frustration and sits down. 'At least we won't be sharing a room or anything!'she thinks to herself. She breathes a relived sigh and takes in the beauty of New York during her ride.
"You two are going to have to share a room."Mr. Simmons says."What?!" Both Arnold and Helga exclaim. Mr. Simmons shushes them."Yes,I know. I didn't want to do this,but we just can't afford another room. Just please do this for Ms. Velleto and I,so we won't get fired."he pleads. Both blondes agree,angrily,but do it because they've known Mr. Simmons for a long time. Since fourth grade! As everyone piled into their rooms,knowing what to do,Arnold and Helga was called into a corner by Mr. Simmons being explained their situation. Anyway, both blondes go to their respective best friends and explain to them their situations."Wow,a flight AND a hotel room with the one and only,Helga G. Patak!"Gerald exclaims."Mm,mm,mm,Arnold you are one bold kid!" Arnold rolls his eyes and leaves Gerald to go to his room. "Wow,I'm very pleased for you Helga!"Phoebe exclaims."I know how long you have had feelings for 'ice cream' and who knows,this could be your chance to persuade him to feel the same!"she says,using their old code word 'Ice cream' to substitute for 'Arnold'. "I know Pheebs! Well,I'll catch you later,gotta go unpack!" Helga replies and speeds off from her best friend. Phoebe smiles and shakes her head,knowing everyone was in for a ride. Both teens meet up at their door and soon argues about who was going to open the door since both of them had heavy bags. Helga eventually wins the mini argument and Arnold unlocks the door with their card. As soon as they enter,smack in the middle their is a fresh,clean,white queen sized bed."Oh,my,God." Helga mumbles and both her and Arnold drop their stuff."Now we have to share beds?! What's next,a shower?!"Helga exclaims,astonished inside about how close they have to be. "It'll be alright Helga,w-we could separate each side with pillows so we won't have to touch each other."Arnold suggests. Surprisingly,Helga agrees and starts to grab some pillows to put in the middle,separating each side. "Well,I'm going to take a shower and change. We're supposed to go eat lunch with Phoebe and Gerald." Helga says after she finished separating each side. She brings a bag into the bathroom,locks the door,starts the shower,and eventually shouts "By the way,I'm taking the right side!". Arnold sighs and looks out onto the balcony as he waits for her to be done. When he walks in,he hears Helga singing "One in a Million"by Aaliyah. At first he's shocked at how good she sings,but then giggles to himself at how laid back Helga could be. A few moments later he hears the shower stop and humming for a while. Then he hear rustling if her bag for a few moment and he hears...a blow drier?! "Umm,Helga?"he knocks. "Can I take a shower now,I really need to." He hears Helga huff and open the door in a rush. Her hair looks undone,and a scowl on her face. "Well you need to get in the shower fast,because I have to do my hair while you shower. The curtain isn't see through,and a girl has hair needs."she says. Arnold is taken aback. "A-are y-you sure?"he stutters and blushes a bit."Doi,Hasn't anyone done anything in the bathroom while you showered? Olga always did it to me."Helga says."W-well,no actually.."he trails off."Well, you're gonna know today. Now get your butt in the shower so I do my hair!"she demands and he rushes in,closes the door,and hops in the shower."You can come in!"he shouts and speedy as light,Helga comes in and starts to do her hair. During that time,Arnold was blushing red as a tomato. I mean,Helga G. Pataki, his former tormenter,was only a few feet away from him while he was naked,doing her hair. Outside,Helga wasn't paying it any mind,until she got to straightening her hair. She blushed at how only a few feet away,the love of her life was naked in the shower. Then she smelled something burning. It was...HER HAIR!! She screams,scaring Arnold and making him fall in the showers with a 'bonk'."What happened?!"he exclaims,worried for Helga."Im sorry,I'm sorry,my hair was burning." Helga says nervously."Seriously?! I could've seriously hurt myself because I was worried about you!"Arnold says angrily.'He was worried about me?' Helga thinks to herself,astonished."Just get out."Arnold demands."What?Why?"she asks."Im angry at you,and I need to get out if you haven't realized I'm naked in the shower."He explains,sounding emotionless,yet bearing anger."Okay."she says,cleans her stuff up since her hair was done,and walks out.'I can't believe he actually cares about me...'she thinks to herself. Even thought he was upset with her,she felt love and happiness at how he said he cared. Arnold comes out,dressed and ready to go."A-are you still mad at me?"she asks. He walks closer to her with a straight face,looks at her directly in the eyes,and...pokes her in the stomach.She gasps and laughs."I take that as a no!"she says."Who knows,I'm a Libra,and I'm confusing!"Arnold riddles,grabs his bag,and walks out."Hey,wait!" Helga exclaims,and runs out with her stuff,following behind.
Both blondes meet Gerald and Phoebe at a pizza place and eats a couple of slices. They all talk about funny times,and what they want to do while on this trip."Hey,how about we go to Coney Island?! I heard it's fun!"Phoebe suggests. Everyone thinks for a moment,and they all agree."Okay,so after we finish this,we can go!"Phoebe plans and the group of four cheer amongst themselves.
Author's notes:
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this! You know,even when it seems like I'm not updating a story,I'm always writing another. The imagination of an writer/artist never ends! So like,comment,and always read my stories! Also ARNOLDXHELGA FOREVER!! ~Brooklyndiva02