Chapter 1

San Fransokyo, a place where culture, tradition, and modernization meet, as neon lights greet you by its streets, as the buildings stand tall as the sky, some places in that city are subtle and humble, while others are loud and fun; and in those streets lurks around their heroes who protect them from any harm, which they call themselves Big Hero 6.

But behind the charm and neon lights, was a building just right out of the city, where in those hallowed halls were mold, and weeds, with vines of ivy and roses. At first glance, the building would seem old as vines of ivy and roses covered the building, with its colors fading to the color of its original structure, and the wind howls freely into its halls and broken glass windows were all that's left to see the dark and shadows halls, where you can assume demons and ghouls would have roamed it, as the locals deemed it haunted. But alas it was not as far from the sights of locals, inside of its dark and webbed institution, lay a room with a roof made out of mold and glass, with a few vines dangling from the ceiling as the moonlight shone through it, where a mysterious man no more than 20 slept in an old hospital bed, with monitors hooked throughout his body monitoring his every movement, like his breath and heart.

The man was handsome but deeply scarred and hurt as his arms and his legs were replaced with machinery, with it was his chest and the left side of his face, only leaving only some other parts including his brain intact and human. As the mysterious man slept, he suddenly jolted, and his monitors began to ring wildly. And as the monitors rang the door suddenly burst open and a boy no more than 10 appeared and rushed towards the computers and began to fix him as quickly as possible which took about 5 minutes but it was grudgingly hard as the heart malfunctioned again for the 5th time in the row that day.

After fixing his heart again, the boy woke him up from his slumber, "Hey John doe wake up!" The man woke slowly as he winced through the pain in his chest and slowly sat up. "Hey, you ok?" "Y-yea I'm ok doc" he sighed in pain as his will to live was slowly giving up until tonight as he already felt like a lost cause. The two went into silence for a few minutes until the bionic man spoke up in a low broken voice as a single tear rolled from his face, "you should just give up on me doc, I can't do this anymore, you should just leave me here to die, I can't be fixed." "What no! I can't do that, I won't leave my patients, I don't care if I need to steal just to fix you, your life is important to me, don't think your life is not important because I know out there somewhere you have a family who needs you!"

The man was taken aback by his young doctor as he never knew someone dedicated to fixing him that he knows of. He paused and he gave him a small grateful smile and the boy returned to the computer to analyze his situation. The bionic man without trying to hurt himself slowly got off the bed and slowly walked towards his cabinet and dressed himself up with a white t-shirt and red jogging pants and walked towards his doctor for examination.

After a few moments, the examination was done, and sat back down as his doctor had his results. "Well, there are good news and bad news; the bad news is your heart, we need to replace it again because the heart you have now won't last longer than you have now, a week give or take, but the good news is you are ready for a human heart meaning you've almost healed" the man felt joy upon hearing this as his mechanical heart began to leap in joy as he could finally have a real heart.

"Thank you doc," he said softly as he hugged his doctor carefully with tears of joy. "Your welcome John doe," he said as he hugged back until they broke off as he needed to ask another question for him. " Anyway, with that out of the way, how's your mind? Any new memories? " The bionic man shook his head as he looked down as his joy faded into obscurity as no new memories popped out, only the day where he was at the burning building on the brink of death, but this time it was different as a familiar voice was calling out for him, but he could never tell as it might just be a coincidence as there was a lot of voices in his head mostly the ai system the doctor put on him to check his heart rate and oxygen levels, but other than that he ignored.

As the doctor's question was done he stood up from the seat and dressed up for another day as the sun rose from the sky and the room's moonlight changed into yellow sunrise. The kid was about to leave when he turned to him "you know you could come out if you want to, ya know feel the grass, the wind in your hair, ya know to be human, your not trapped here" he told but was met by his emo self as he stayed in silence as he did not want to leave even when did urge to do so, he can't as he never had the courage to go out in the open again, and he did not know why, was it the fear of being ostracized by society, or the fear of being feared because he was more metal that man. The kid saw through his distraught and never asked him again and left with the door closed.

When the boy left he stared at the glass roof and saw a white dove perched onto one of the windows and soaring freely into the air. 'Maybe someday' he thought to himself 'someday after all of this I would go outside and find myself again.'

As the wind blew through the air with the leaves and petals they carried, they soared through the outside where a 16-year-old boy and his friends were heading out with his aunt and robot towards a graveyard where they packed food and drinks to share. The group walked until they found the grave they were looking for. They placed flowers and incense rods into the grave and paid their respects and spread out their picnic basket before it and unpacked the food. As they unpack, the 16-year-old stared at the grave before him with his robot Baymax and with stifled cries he greeted the person on the grave. "Hey big bro it's me, Hiro, I miss you big brother, we all miss you, it's just not the same without you here, even Aiko was devastated when you left, but we move on little by little, but you will always be with us big bro."

After Hiro told his greetings he joined the others as they ate their food which was all his big brother's favorites like Aunt Cass's spicy chicken wings with sour cream dipping sauce, takoyaki, and some matcha taiyaki with custard and red bean paste. After they ate they left some food in the grave as an offering and then left, but Hiro stayed and stared at the grave which he started to tear up as he left the site where the stone was carved with the name who they visited which was his big brother Tadashi Hamada.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys welcome to my new book! hope you guys enjoy it! and if you do please vote and subscribe if you want more content! that's all folks! have a nice day/night!

Disclaimer: all the characters in this story belong to Disney and Pixar