Gone

Nobody knew what happened. No one. Their chief had gone on a meeting but never came back. He didn't take Toothless. He didn't go with the other Vikings. He didn't bring his friends nor his wife. He went alone. For what reason no one knew. But he just left. And three years after he's still missing. They searched and searched and searched but never found anything. His wife, Astrid, was depressed. He not only left her alone... But also their two children. Their now eight-year-old twins, Tyler and Emily. Tyler, a curious boy who resembled a lot of his father, with auburn-blondish hair and green eyes, remembered him. Not much but still did. As for Emily, who is an exact replica of her mother, blond hair, blue eyes, fiery temper and kind and loving heart, remembered almost nothing about him. For what reason, no one knew. The one thing she remembered clearly, was her father singing her a song before bed and then kissing her cheek goodnight. That was her only memory of him. Toothless went into a state where he refused to fly, eat or sleep. Sometimes so badly, that Astrid would have to literally force open his mouth to put a fish in it. Valka was miserable. She found her son after 20 years and then just 5 years after, she looses him again and doesn't see him for another 3. His friends were all gloomy. No one even dared to speak of him. In any way. Not even his cousin Snotlout, who always had something to say. They missed their chief. They missed their, as they heard Stoick call him, Pride of Berk. They missed their friend. Gobber missed his apprentice and his son, in a way. Sure ,he wasn't really his son, but he cared deeply for the boy. He was the one who knew the lad since he was in diapers. Heck, he even made his diapers. He didn't dare to remove nor touch anything from his old study. He liked to call that The room where the genius worked. And he was right. He truly was a genius at blacksmithing. And everything in fact. And as for the village... Every and each and one of them were in sorrow. They all just gave up hope that they were ever going to see their young chief again. They all just agreed that he was dead. That just made Astrid furious. And no one doesn't want to be near Astrid when she's furious. She refused to believe that he was gone... But deep down, she too was aware that probably, they were all right. That their chief, was dead. That their village Dragon Master, was dead. That the father of her children, was dead. That her husband... her Babe... her Hiccup... was dead. However, little did they know that, now not that far away from Berk, a boat was sailing toward that island, carrying something that was very precious to them.