Chapter 3 Infultrating Enemy Lines

Начните с самого начала

The sadness and longing in Cheshire's bright purple eyes tugged at Alison's heart. She knew this story was about him without him directly saying so. Unsure what to really do, Alison sat on the ground beside him and comfortingly put an arm around his broad shoulders.

He stood, shruging off her arm. He didn't want her pity. It was one of the last things he wanted from her. Chesh walked a few steps, but kept his back to her.

Feeling dejected, Alison stayed on the ground and crossed her arms protectively around her chest. She waited silently for him to continue the story.

"Well as you know, any normal foe will go out of the way to make their advesray's life miserable, and that is what this man is doing by hiding Dormian."

"Who is this man?" Alison asked.

Chesh turned around, his lazy grin spreading across his face. "His name is Gryphon, and he is the most beautiful man you will ever lay your eyes on. That is for a reason though. Much like the Florias you discovered in the Forgetful Gardens, he was made beautiful to lure in victims. He's a Firelon, a creature that usually inhabits warmer places, such as the Isles of Fire. He left his home there because of his love for women. Much unlike his people, he did not like to eat his victims, but tamed them and kept them locked under his charming ways.

"He is a collector of sorts. He likes to find the most exotic of women and keep them in his harem. This is where you come in my dear." Chesh kneeled in front of her and ran a finger down her jaw as he said that. She turned her head as pink tinted her cheeks. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw his smile grow.

"Humans are most exotic here, and he will automatically be attracted to you, all lost and helpless." Chesh's smile disappeared and was replaced with a dark loathing look. "He finds damsels in distress irresistable, especially when it turns out they can handle themselves perfectly. You fit his preferences. Exotic, beautiful, fiery, and soon to be in distress."

To lighten to the mood Alison met his eyes and cooed, "Awe! You think I'm beautiful?"

Cheshire smirked. "For a human, a race which is particularly ugly, unsymmetrical, stupid and quite stinky, yes, you are beautiful to their standards."

Alison glowered in his direction. "Whatever."

Chesh let out a deep attractive chuckle. "Anyway, you are to infultrate his home, gain his trust, find the mouse, and leave, preferably destroying his manor and shattering his frozen heart in the process."

"How am I to know what this mouse Dormian looks like?"

Chesh shrugged, "He is part of the race I am, therefore he has two different forms. You will know who he is when you see him."

Cheshire seemed to think for a bit before remembering something, he disappeared behind the shubbery and came back with a bottle of thick green liquid in one hand, and a bag in the other.

"Drink this, it will keep you immune to his power, but when his eyes grow dark, you must pretend to be entranced by him, or he will know something is wrong. And this," he motioned to the bag, "contains your new clothes."

Alison made a face as he pulled out the green silk dress with a huge slit up the leg and matching sandals and handed them to her. On any other occation, she might have found the dress pretty, but now it slightly repulsed her.

"Go on, hurry and change."

Alison's eyes went wide. "Not while you're watching!"

Cheshire mumbled under his breath before beginning to walk away.

"Wait!"

He stopped and smirked. "Change your mind sweetheart?"

Alison let out a laugh. "Yeah right you freakish cat. You can turn invisible. Stay where I can see you. Keep your back to me."