Chapter 9

Summer 2019

The news of his best friend dating Haruto for real somehow unable Jihoon to face him because he wasn't sure if he could smile at Junkyu while telling him congratulation. Though he only wants his best friend to be happy, he can't help but feel that tugging in his chest knowing he could never bring himself to confess to his best friend, and it's his last day doing night shift. Even if he wants to avoid it, he has no choice. But maybe he could at least let out his pain before facing Junkyu without any frustrations or anger in him, though sad, he can be happy for them.

Jihoon was preparing his things as he clocked out from duty when he felt Yedam, his junior, softly tapped his shoulder with his cute smile.

"Thank you for covering my night shift, Sunbae! I'll bring you coffee everyday for a week!" The younger guy exclaimed, showing his cute white teeth.

"Aigoo, it's okay! But maybe I can have free coffee every other day." Jihoon scrunched his nose and playfully messed with Yedam's hair. He has always been fond of his colleague for being one of the most hardworking in his batch.

"Deal! Enjoy your rest day!" Yedam teasingly winked at him before exiting in their locker room which made Jihoon chuckle.

He was about to leave the locker room when his phone vibrated, and the name of his best friend popped out on the screen.

Seeing the name of his best friend, he unconsciously bit his lower lip as he stared on his screen

Seeing the name of his best friend, he unconsciously bit his lower lip as he stared on his screen. He made his way to the nurse station, bidding his farewell to his colleagues before staring at his phone again. Even when he took the elevator, he's still fidgeting on his device. But just before the elevator door opens, he's navigating his screen and typed in his reply.

Jihoon felt bad for lying to his best friend

Jihoon felt bad for lying to his best friend... probably for the first time. He just needs a little more time to get himself together before facing his best friend. After all, he couldn't avoid him forever since they're still living in the same apartment. Just a few seconds after sending his message, Junkyu replied.