cosmic coldness

Start bij het begin

Makkari and Druig

Makkari nudges Druig and signs "You should go speak with her."

He shakes his head and puts a displeased look on his face. Makkari nods and signs "You always argue that we should intervene. You know how she is feeling. Go."

He shakes his head and Phastos looks up from his invention saying and signing "What are you two arguing about?"

Ajak looks away from the monitor and to the two of them. She raises an eyebrow and says and signs "We've had enough arguments for the decade. Can't you two just get along?"

Makkari looks to Druig nodding and nudging him. Druig shrugs her off his shoulder and signs "I'm not doing that Makkari."

She closes her eyes annoyed and attempts to hold her composure and not push him into the dining hall herself. She opens her eyes again soon after now ready to argue more but is interrupted by Ajak saying "Do what?"

Druig looks to her and says "Nothing."

He leaves the lab in an angry huff and Phastos signs "You two argue nearly as much as Gaia and Druig do."

Makkari nods and smirks

Well, I am on a mission to push the two obliviously in love two together.

She nods to them letting the ideas and thoughts run rampid through her head

Druig stands in the dining hall arch way watching me as I let my arms and legs hang off the sides of the rafters. He calls out "They're wrong you know." I leave my eyes closed and say "Hello Druig."

"You always choose the highest places to hide."

I groan and say "Because I do not wish to be disturbed." He looks up and his jaw tenses as he looks to see how he can climb up there. He sighs and shakes his head. He inhales deeply and contimplates climbing up.

God Gaia. The things I do for you.

He climbs onto the bench and the table. He jumps up and grabs onto the beam. He hoists himself up and I peak out of the corner of my eye watching him. He hoists his body up and I see the intricate muscles in his arm. He groans and I put my head back down. He sits on the rafter adjacent from me and says "Ajak is wrong."

"Yeah well, everyone else seems to agree with her. I'm supposed to be this beacon of hope for the humans. Ajak pushed me into the role of mother earth and then I can't..." I choke up and my lip quivers. Druig's expressions soften and I cover my face with my hands. I continue soon after "I can't even protect the people who need me.."

He clears his throat feeling awkward and weird just watching her cry. He says "I feel the same way you know." I look up and look to him with tears still in my eyes. "Really?" He nods and says "I can control the planet with a thought... I think about just controlling every single person on earth to be non-controversial. To live a simple and boring uneventful life."

My eyes soften as I look to his saddened gaze. I nod and say "What stops you?"

He meets her eyes and pauses for a minute thinking of an appropriate answer. He looks into her waiting and anticipating eyes.

My answer is most likely you. The risk of being exhiled. Away from... you. Having to go a day or an hour without seeing you.

He clears his throat clearly embarrassed by his thoughts and says "Controversy with the team. Our role is to kill deviants nothing more."

I look down and nod.

I chew the inside of my cheek and say "Makkari told you to find me didn't she?"