At first you had thought about going to see Danny and Rin. But instead you just wanted to go for a walk through the cold night air.

The sound of quick footsteps approaching from behind was a little odd. When you glanced over your shoulder you saw Claire slowing down to walking speed beside you.

"Going for a stroll, huh?" She asked with a smile.

"Maybe." You shrugged.

"I don't mean to be your shadow, but any chance I can tag along?" Even if you wanted to decline, her big, bright blue eyes were enough to make you cave in. You snapped your facial direction away from her and ahead as your thoughts began to make you flustered.

"I don't mind at all." You answered. She giggled quietly, her smile widening as the two of you walked out through the thick trees. The aura between you two was thick and so was the silence as neither of you came up with a conversation starter. That was quite a difficult one considering everything there was to talk about was usually depressing.

"I don't remember if I already said it. But thank you." Claire randomly said, glancing at you from the corner of her eye.

"Thank me for what?" You furrowed your brows, looking back at her intrigued.

"Back when we faced Ghostface. You saved me even though it got you punished." She elaborated in a dejected voice.

"Of course I did. Why wouldn't I?" You didn't find any valid reason why anyone shouldn't save their friends. Whether it would get you penalised or not, you couldn't care less.

"You shouldn't have... I'm not worth it. Especially if you're going to get hurt because of it." Claire's face was ridden with remorse as she was in deep regret about the situation. She felt responsible. You didn't know how exactly you would ever tell her about how you hadn't exactly been disciplined, but turned into a killer.

"Claire, please don't say that. I'm too awkward to have a conversation about someone's self worth, because if I have to tell you you're more important to me than a lot of people here, I'm gonna blush." You told not a single lie. It killed you when people put themselves down. Self confidence was key... excluding the fact you rarely had it.

Claire's eyes lit up when she heard she was important to you. You couldn't see it since you were slightly ahead of her, but her face had morphed into a tender expression.

"We should move onto a better topic." You noted. The two of you continued on through the grass, unaware of how the darkness seemingly began to increase little by little.

"How about the question before the others got back? You know... who you found cute?" Claire snickered softly. While it came off as a joke, you were oblivious to the fact she was quite interested in your answer.

She could hold you at gunpoint and you probably wouldn't tell her. Though it was better than speaking out in front of the rest of the survivors.

"I'm gonna pass." You said in a high voice, dragging out the word 'pass' in a comedic way.

"That implies you're afraid of giving me the answer. Which would imply that I'm on that list." Claire blinked a few times with a smug expression.

"I didn't know I was in the presence of a psychology major." You joked. It was more of an attempt to hide the nervous sweat that had begun rather than trying to be funny.

"You learn something new everyday." She said in a melodic voice, entrancing you for a few seconds as you found yourself focused on her way more than your surroundings.

Claire coughed into her hand before leaning in towards your ear. "And FYI... you didn't deny the accusation." She whispered. Her breath against your neck and the assumption she was making was enough to make your cheeks heat up in embarrassment.