The bell rang for first period and I came out of the stall. I washed my face, washing away tears I had cried for him.

Useless tears.

I walked out, grabbed my things from my locker and headed to P.e.

I saw Chris walking towards me, and I looked away.

I couldn't see him right now!

I couldn't talk to him!

I didn't even want to have anything to do with him!

"Sam, we need to talk."

He blocked my way, and I was forced to stop.

"I'm going to be late for class." I mumbled.

He briefly touched my shoulder and I flinched away.

His hand quickly retrieved and I didn't have to look up to see the hurt.

Or the fake hurt.

"Sam, just listen to me... "

"Sam!" I looked up quickly as a pretty brunette with green eyes came over, in a cheerleading uniform. "Hey Chris."

"Meredith " He greeted, a tick in his jaw. He looked at me and grimaced. "I'll talk to you later then Sam."

I watched him walk away then looked at Meredith.

I had met her at Chris's house, we had laughed at each other as we cried watching Titanic.

"Hey, how are you doing? You left so suddenly Saturday. "

"Umm Yeah, I didn't feel comfortable." She gave me a confused look " I don't really like beer." I explained.

"Oh I know how you feel." She laughed "I'm not so into beer either, my brother Don seems to love it."

That news surprised me.

"Your Don's sister, I didn't know. And by the way, thank you for the clothes. " I smiled.

I liked her, not just for the fact that she was Don's sister.

She seemed like a nice person.

"Oh that's who he wanted it for, I thought he was letting a girl stay over or something." Meredith ran a hand through her straight hair then laughed

"Well I don't want to make you late, I'll see you later. How about lunch, come sit with me? "

She looked at me with wide kind eyes. I could see Don in her.

I couldn't say no.

"Yes, of course. I'll see you then."

I watched her walk away and smiled.

I had made a friend today.

Even though Chris and me had nothing going on , at least one good thing had happened at the party.

I made it to the locker room just as the bell rang.

I had Chelsea and all her friends in my class.

All through class I ignored there glares.

They could glare all they wanted, I didn't care.

There was no me and Chris so they could stop worrying.