Episode 02

Last Night

New Orleans

He couldn't get his frustrations bottled up any longer as he laughed without humor. "You know how psychotic you both sound, perhaps it is never to late to seek company of a neurologist." Klaus ridiculed, watching his brother staring behind him, and followed his gaze.

"What are you both doing here?"

The Original brothers just stared at the man in question, approaching them as if he wasn't pronounced dead a century ago. Well, he probably wasn't and it was their fault since they never cared to check. "Marcellus," Elijah greeted modestly, "always a pleasure to see you," jumping in after his hybrid brother dropped his jaw.

"I wish that I could say the same," Marcel stated without sending a glance over his former adoptive father. "A witch was caught performing a small a few days ago, you both pop up out of nowhere. Why is that?"

"The most important question is, how in God's name are you standing here with us?" Elijah inquired.

"What's wrong Klaus," he mocked cheerfully, not forgetting his radiant smile, "you look like you've seen a ghost. It's the longest that I've seen you this quite. Besides the time your daddy ran your ass out of my city."

"Your city?" Klaus exclaimed whilst his eyes widen. "Well, it looks like I have taught you well. The skill of deception. Despite what you think, I am proud."

Marcel had an edge to roll his eyes, but fought against it. "There was no deception on my part. I did what I could to stay alive while you left me for dead at the hands of..." he gazed up at the sky full of stars for a moment, "grandpa Mikael, was it?"

Elijah chuckled. "Grandpa Mikeal is right, Marcellus." Now it was Klaus who had the edge, but never fought against it.

"Marcel. I go by Marcel now." Every joint in the hybrid's body clenched as he tilted his head. "I outgrew it," he clarified after reading his unspoken question. "Now, why are you both here?"

"To take back what is mine," Klaus declared. Elijah pinched the bridge of his nose thinking, here-we-go-again. "As it appears Marcellus," he emphasized the name, "I have heard a rumor that I will be handing it over to an heir. Don't worry, I do not have any intentions of handing it over to you?"

"There won't be a need for that since it is already mine."

Elijah wanted to smack the back of his brother's head so he can focus. "Niklaus, whatever this is, surely you aware that it will have to wait. Even for a couple of centuries."

"Elijah, forever the diplomat."

"Marcellus, forever condescending."

"One of the many things you all taught me so well," Marcel ridiculed whilst putting smile on his beautiful face, "isn't that right, uncle?"

~~~

Mystic Falls

Graduation Ceremony

"Greetings, little witch." Bonnie heard from her right, listening to her father on stage handing out graduation certificates. Slowly turning around behind her, meeting who is known to be the psychotic Original. "It is quite a lovely day, wouldn't you say?" Offering her a genuine smile, but the witch couldn't tell if it was a display of mockery.