Author's Note

Dear Readers,

Thank you so much for taking this short journey with me and my Devakshi. This is my first time, writing fiction, so it is very special.

Isn't it amazing, how a tiny seed takes root and develops into something so much more tangible? The idea for this story came up when I was narrating the events of the counseling/ Asha's death episode to a friend and both of us agreed that it was very poorly thought out and executed. Like me, she was also of the opinion that did not sound like Dev. So afterwards, I tried to come up with explanations regarding his absence. If this were the actual fact, what would the situation have been like, what circumstances could have resulted in this? I started writing, putting down some of my thoughts as bullet points that I assumed will be a one-shot and lo and behold! Here I am, 10 chapters and an epilogue later! Looking for an explanation for an incident in the show also morphed into a way for me to fix some glaring wrongs of this season. At least, in my mind, it became a way for me to use some of the interesting parts of the season and erase everything that I did not like (which is almost the entire season, sadly). The result is this little short story, my first fanfiction.

I am so grateful to all my readers, who read this and enjoyed it! Special thanks to all those who have sent me such lovely comments! It means a lot!

~Rookiewriter