XXXIX. Brown Eyes.

Start from the beginning

Mr. Sing: This is why I enjoy working with you. You make your client feel they don't have to worry.

Me: It was a pleasure working with you sir.

Mr. Sing: The pleasure is mine. Oh by the way, do you have any idea what's Hannah's favorite dish? My wife will cook for our family dinner on Sunday, I'm thinking of inviting her.

Me: That's great Mr. Sing!

I told him Hannah's favorite dishes and he was surprised how simple those dishes are. He will surely love Hannah once he got to know her.

Friday came where Mr. Sing is now at the site, doing some inspection for his new hotel. After inspecting 5 different styled floor levels, the lounges, the bar, the restaurant and the concert hall, Mr. Sing invited me along with Jane for dinner. After dinner Mr. Sing bade his goodbye and wished to work with me again in the future.

Jane: Mr. Sing really likes your work. Well, who wouldn't?

Me: yeah, I'm glad he did. I was so nervous earlier.

Jane: you don't even looked like you are. Well anyways. I need to go, James is waiting for me. Call me when you need something or whenever you need a friend okay?

Me: Okay. You'd do the same okay?

Jane: Sure. I'll go now. Take care. Bye.

Me: You too, Bye.

I watched her walk towards her car before I did the same, walking towards mine. As I entered my car and put on my seatbelt, I got startled when someone suddenly knocked on the window. I was so shock that I screamed a curse. I looked at the window and saw that it was Jane. Clutching my chest, I lowered down the window revealing a laughing Jane.

Me: Jane! God! you almost gave me a heart attack there.

Jane: you should have seen your face it's...

She laughed again unable to finish what she was saying. I laughed with her as my heart started to slow down.

Jane: Sorry, I really had no intention of scaring you. But it was fun though.

Me: Oh shut up. Why are you here?

Jane: I forgot to give you this. Mr. Sing will kill me if I forgot. Here. Okay, got to go bye!

She handed me an envelope then ran back to her car.

I opened it there was two vouchers that indicates a free stay for 3 days and 2 nights at the Song's resort villa in Jeju Island. My jaw dropped upon seeing it. It was one of Mr. Sing's famous resort with its hotel/villa are by the beach.

Reading the voucher, it indicates it's an all expense paid stay and meals at his hotel. I didnt notice my mouth was hanging open. I immediately took my phone and called Mr. Sing's which he didn't pick up. I can't believe he would give me this. I got excited looking at it again then suddenly my mood changed when I read it's for two. Who would I bring with me?

The hotel is by the beach so I'm sure it has a romantic vibe perfect for couples. It made me sad knowing that I don't have anyone to go with. Yet I can't let this opportunity slip specially the project with Mr. Sing is now complete. I'm already starting on a new project which would consume most of my time for the following weeks so it'll be a perfect time to use it now.

I put the voucher in my bag and started my car. As I arrived home I sat by my sofa putting my bag on the table. It was so quiet and dark with only a lamp beside me as the light. For the last 2 years, this house has been the loneliest it's ever been. Maybe It's time that I should do something. Should I move out? I glanced at my left where I could see the city lights through the window. Am I ready to let go of that view?

A small voice at the back of my mind suddenly say; Is the view you're worried about or the memories in this house?

I rested my head at the back of the sofa closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh. I think it's time to think things through. I admit I keep avoiding the fact that I became lonely living here after what happened. Yet I can't bring my self to let the memories go.

I think I really should use the voucher. Maybe a different scenery would make me think things through.

Two days after I arrived at Jeju island's airport. I hailed a taxi and went straight to the resort. Upon arriving I was already mesmerized by the view. I was also intrigued seeing the hotel was just a 3 storey building which I didn't expect knowing Mr. Sing has a lot of hotels around the mainland.

I went inside and proceeded to the reception desk.

Receptionist: Ms. Son here's your key. A staff will guide you to your villa. PLease call us for any of your needs. Enjoy your stay.

I smiled and thanked her. A staff took my bag and key and asked me to follow him. He went through a door at the right side of the reception desk walked straight to the door at the far end. As soon as the door opened, I got startled. I immediately saw the villas located by the beach. I said to myself; don't tell me that's where i'll stay.

I looked at the staff who was smiling as he wait for me to process the view. He then led me towards the villa. The view was to die for. It's the first time seeing it and it already made me feel at peace.

I thanked the staff before I went inside the villa. It looked like a small house with a porch. As soon as I enter I was in awe how pretty the place was. I was welcomed by a cozy living room with a fireplace. Walking straight you'll see the dining area and then the kitchen. In between the kitchen and dining area I noticed a door. I opened it and was mesmerized on how huge the room was. At the right end of the room was a ceiling to floor glass window that overlooks the sea.

As soon as I settled down I glanced at the clock and It was already past 5pm. I decided to go on a walk. I took a stroll by the beach the sun was already setting. I decided to sit at the sand and watch as the sun sets.

The sky starts to glow reddish orange as the sun starts to set. What a sight to see. There's something about being at the beach that feels so peaceful. It somehow sucks all the stress away. But somehow It's also romantic that I can't help but feel sad.

The next day I woke up so early at 5.30am. I decided to do a morning run. I did some stretching first then started my run. It felt so good running with the cool wind on my face while listening to some good music. I didn't even realize I already ran so far for almost an hour. When I stopped that's where I felt exhaustion so I decided to run back. I was almost there when I suddenly tripped on my own foot and I landed on my back.

I was so tired that I just stayed there trying to catch my breath. I was lying on the sand with my eyes closed. Though I feel so worn out already but somehow it felt great. I was lying there for a few minutes until I felt someone was shaking my arm. I opened my eyes and was met by a pair of brown worried eyes that look so familiar. Is it really her? I took my sandglasses off to make sure if I'm seeing her right.

There she was looking down on me, shock written all over her face. I can't believe I'm seeing now the very same face I've been seeing in my memories.

Me: Mina?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:

I was surprised when I saw pics of Michaeng today. Waaaaaah! They got out of the building holding hands!!! They even raised their hands. Chaeyoung looked like she's really proud of holding Mina's hand. 😍