Chapter 4 in TESSAS POV!

Yes this chapter is in Tessa's POV I hope you enjoy I have been wanting to do it for so long 

SO SORRY. I AM GOING TO BE HONEST NEVER FELT LIKE WRITING 

OK now enjoy!!!

                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't let what she said go. I just can't take it off my mind. 

"I don't want to be weak"

What's  wrong with being weak? 

Is she talking about the war that happened 6 years ago? If so, how was the real war? 

All we heard as kids was that a species that wasn't supposed to be there and so they created a war against them. Was Maxine one of those species? I don't understand. I know she didn't mean to go against me, but against humans. 

We only hear about the war in stories. Fairy tales. This all makes no sense. I know the war was real now, but how could we humans just do that? Why? And why didn't we learn it as kids or at school? Like WW2? Sure, WW2 was a big war, but what about this one? I was filled with Questions, but I knew better than to ask them all at once. 

I am following Max. Well...

 Looking at her from afar because I am a creep that thinks she needs space but still creepily stares at her because she can't get her off her mind. If that counts. 

She is stomping everywhere and crying and just destroying everything. She isn't fully transformed into her lynx, but she's close to being. She scratches this tree that I honestly feel very bad for ( Because her nails are long and stiff) and then kicking things. She stops and just pants. I want to just hug her and comfort her but my mind is moving without my body. I have the sudden urge to run away but I fight against it. She wouldn't hurt me. Even if she saw me. 

Max turns to behind into the forest. She shifts quickly into her wolf and runs. I breathe as if I have been holding my breath for a really long time. I pant, but wonder why because I haven't been doing any exercises in these days. This is all just a lot to take in. I hear a loud wind sound and as I look up from my feet, I see Max. But it isn't her. Shes fully transformed, and she has a dead bunny in her mouth. 

She killed the bunny. She said she would never kill anything alive. 

Maybe she was lying. Maybe all you are to her is food. 

What? She would never. She's just messed up today. I mean what happened before can explain... she wouldn't eat or kill me? right? 

Maybe what I said offended her. Maybe she thinks we shouldn't be friends. 

Am I scared... of Max? No I can't be. I told her I wasn't. I have to keep my word. 

I get out of hiding spot and I see her yellow eyes glaring at me. In fear. In sadness. She throws the bunny on the other side of the tree and just stares at me. A tear falls down my face, but why? I  am not scared. She needs help. I want to help her. She runs. Runs fast. I try and catch up but its hard. I want to help, why can't she understand that? She doesn't have to run away from everything. Why can't she just stop. Stop. 

I trip and fall to the ground face first and all I can see in front of me is her running away. but it's all really blurry. I can't give up. For me. For Max. I see a figure in the distance and thats the last I see before everything goes black. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in my tent. I look outside, and the sun is almost down, meaning it is evening. Where's Max? What happened when I blacked out? Who brought me here? Max? One of my friends? 

"Hey bae." 

I turn to see Daniel witting next to me with a smirk in his face. 

"Did you sleep well princess?" 

"Don't call me that." 

"Now, who gets to decide what I call you? Right, its me." 

I look away from Daniel. He comes closer to me and brings his hand to my waist, ,holding me tight. I struggle to get out of his grasp and when he holds my down with his other arm I am hopeless. He kisses me hard and rough, and he tries to put his hands up my shirt but I don't let him. I stop the kiss and slap him. 

"I don't like you. Get out. We are over."

"Well I will just have to force you like I did in our relationship, if you don't cooperate." 

"Leave me ALONE!" 

"Weakling." 

He pushes me down and slaps me. He punches me until I am filled with bruises all over my face and body. He stands up and kicks me and I know better than to scream, because if I do all my friends will know and I will be in huge trouble. I muffle my screams and sob silently in my hands. 

"Next time, be a good girl." 

He walks away and I suddenly wish I was with Maxine. She would never do this to me. 

Why do I always pick the wrong friends and boyfriends? 

Can't I just pick a normal guy or girl who I like who likes me and we have a nice relationship? 

I stand up and my whole body aches. I just want to black out forever. I walk towards where Maxine lives and I reach her bedroom. I laydown and hug the pillow and just cry all night long.