The Fight Continues

Start from the beginning

The next round, the duo from the enemy team tried again with their hissatsu. Mecha Endou used the same move to stop them, but he was sent into the goal, the ball bouncing back to their enemies' feet. They summoned Passionate Lovers once again, while Mecha Endou got up and summoned his own 'keshin', Eichi no Ou, Bungou.

The impact and pressure destroyed the robot, but the enemy didn't get the goal.

They tried again, but it was stopped by Zanark, who had run all the way back to block it with his body.

"I stopped it!" He yelled, smirking at where El Dorado Team 03 were sitting. "Did you see that, grandpa? I bet you did! This is my power!"

He then did what he always did and bulldoze his way through the field, reaching the other goal in seconds. This time, he put all his energy into the kick, and scored them the winning goal.

"We did it! We did it!" Wondeba yelled.

"We won! We won!" Midori and Nishiki both pumped their fists while Ichino and Aoyama highfived behind him.

Kinako leaned forward to his seat. "Our wishes are connected to the next game!"

He couldn't help the smirk on his face. "Yeah!"

"Shindou!" Sangoku was tearing up. "You did great!"

So now, it's all up to Tenma's team... His gaze wandered to the scoreboard. Is she watching everything?

~~~~~

Zanark was back in his regular red and black uniform as he waited in the empty pitch. Soon, footsteps came from behind him, and a blue haired girl appeared, holding a pink pouch.

"Excuse me..."

"What?" His eyes narrowed at her, but he smirked when the orange stone flew out of the pouch. "Stone grandpa, huh? How about it? Now do you see what my full power is like?"

"You haven't brought out your full power yet!" That was not what he expected him to say. "At that level, I would never consider you as one of the strongest in history!"

"I haven't brought out my full power?" He repeated. "Don't talk stupid!"

"You don't get it!"

"What?"

"You are afraid of the bucking stallion inside of you."

"Bucking stallion?"

"That's right! You're afraid of how you lost control over your own power in the past!" Instantly, the memory of what happened in the Three Kingdoms Period came to the front of his head. "That's why you hold yourself back. But in order to become the strongest in history, you mustn't hold back your power, but have mastery over that vicious horse bucking inside of you!"

"Mastery over that inside of me?"

"But I guess it's impossible. A small-time ruffian like yourself being able to control power is a dream within a dream!"

"W-What?! You old fart...!"

"It's only when power is controlled that it is real power. What you have is a waste of good talent!" The stone seemed to shine as he continued. "Really, you talk big to Kimiko, but look at how well she's doing! She's conquered most of her fears in the span of half a game! You haven't even began to touch yours!"

That kid... The comparison made him scoff, but the rock had a point. As things are, she was ahead of him at the moment. However...

And idea came to mind, making him chuckle. "I thought you'd say that. Fine then, I'll do it!" He summoned his bike and hopped on. "Listen up, stone grandpa! I'll master riding the bucking stallion that rages within me! Until then, keep the spot for the strongest eleventh player in history open!"