"I-I just..." She started gesturing with her whole body, not knowing what words to say. "That was... You were..."

"Almost walking?"

"Yes!" She jumped on to his bed and gave him a hug.

She wasn't able to see it the night before because she went to bed ahead of them, but...

He was just barely able to stand up when they got to the stairs. It surprised her because there were no bars for him to hold on to like in the rehabilitation room at the hospital. Putting his wheelchair on the side, his father had helped him get to the top and into his room. Although, even though he still needed the help, just seeing his legs moving ever so little made her happy.

"When I was still in America, Kyousuke told me that you can stand on your own now, and how you also just need someone to help you hold your body up a little when you do! I thought I was happy to just hear it from him, but seeing you do it with my own eyes...!"

He chuckled as he patted her head. "Thank you. Just wait for me a little longer. I'll be back on the pitch with you two before you know it."

"... I hope I'll be there too..."

"Hm?"

"Nothing. Still happy for you."

He was doubtful but decided not to push. "Then, why don't you tell me about your time in the Edo Period? Kyousuke got his MixiMax, right?"

"Yeah! With Okita Souji!" And so, she began to explain about what Midori told them from her knowledge from dramas, and how much of it was real. She also mentioned the similarities they noticed between him and the swordsman, which surprised him and made him eager to know more. "Well, there isn't much left to say, except..."

"Except?"

"... He couldn't continue playing after half-time, and it kind of crushed him even more when we told him protecting the Bakufu isn't the right thing to do. It was like he gave up on his life."

"But Kyousuke managed to snap him out of it, right?" She gave a small nod, but her expression told him there was something else to it. "...So, why do you look so down?"

Her head hung low as she thought, but then her gaze hardened to a glare. "I hated the way he did it! He was so reckless! He just kept throwing himself at the enemy without thinking and getting hurt over and over again!" Her hands balled into fists on her lap. "I get that he has things he wanted to protect... and that at the time, I was one of those things so I should be grateful, but...!"

"So that's it." He placed his hand above one of hers. "The reason you're so upset about getting left behind is because you can't make sure for yourself that Kyousuke is alright, right? And also, you feel like you owe him for what he did."

Her grip eased. "... I know I can't do much for him, but... If anything, I at least want to be there for him..."

He smiled slightly. "It's sweet that you care about him so much, Kimiko, but have you ever considered how worried he gets over you?"

"Over me?"

"If there was a timeline where you didn't have to go through all that, then honestly, I also want to try making it a reality."

"That's..."

"You've been in a lot of dangerous situations lately, and even more recently, it's because you put yourself there. Kyousuke would never admit it out loud, but everything you feel for him, he feels for you too."

"Endless worry and want to slap him while also giving him a super tight hug to prevent him from doing those things again?"

"...Yes. All of that." He sighed. "All of that..."

"Huh?"

"Just be sure you take these next few days easy, alright?" He said. "If anything does happen to Kyousuke, the only way you can help him right now is to be well and safe. That'll ease his mind enough to let him rest."

"Well... Alright." She bit her lip, looking down again. "Still, I don't ever want to watch a match like that again... It hurts..."

He patted her head, calming her down. "It'll be alright. Tenma and the others are with him. They'll get through it all together."

"... Right."

He nodded, his smile returning, before turning to his clock. "Then, you should head to bed. It's getting late."

"Ah, yeah... Good night, Yuu-san."

"Good night, Miko." He sighed as he watched the door close. "Kyousuke... I now understand why you still haven't said anything."

~~~~~

She placed her hand on the handle and froze. There was the slightest sound of shuffling on the other side. Someone was there.

Taking a deep breath, she got ready to activate her abilities just in case. Then, she opened the door. Sitting on the table was a purple haired boy in a red and black uniform.

"Rasetsu."

He held a red sphere device and was looking bored, but the moment he saw her enter he placed it down, holding both his hands up. "I didn't come here to give you trouble."

She stayed wary as she closed the door behind her. "Then, what are you doing here?"

"Just dropped by to tell you something."

"And that is...?"

He looked down, as if hesitating, before looking back up to meet her eyes. "Zanark's missing."

Any will to use her powers immediately vanished. "What?"

"We lost contact with him after our previous match. El Dorado has no idea where he went either. Only that he's alive."

Her eyes stayed wide, and for a moment, she didn't know what to say. When her mouth opened, what came out was, "Why are you telling me this?"

"You have a right to know. You're one of us after all."

"I'm... what?"

"See you around, Kiko."

"Wait!"

His hand landed on a blue circle on the sphere device, teleporting him out before she could stop him. For a moment, she stood there in silence, wondering if the encounter even happened. The confusion soon turned to frustration. She still had a million questions she wanted to ask.

Sighing, she dropped face-first on the bed.

Kyousuke... Zanark... Hope you're both alright...