Kinako went up to it to get a closer look. "But Tsurugi isn't smiling here... Even though they got the trophy."

"Yes, well, back then, his teammates weren't as nice as you all."

"Huh?"

His father's smile turned into a sad one at the memory. "Many of them envied his abilities, while others only cared if he scored a goal. On top of that, he wasn't very good at making friends, so I can't say his time on that team was a happy one. But because it was the only way he could play in matches, he put up with it."

They looked down at that. The saddest part was that they could perfectly imagine their ace striker spending his time alone for most of his childhood. The image wasn't too different from how he was at the start of the school year.

"Before Raimon, Kimiko was the only friend he had." He continued. "She never judged him, or used him. She was always simply playing with him, teaching him things, and motivating him to keep improving."

"A beautiful relationship."

"Coming for you, Akane, people could take it the wrong way." Midori sweatdropped.

"Well, either way, it's all in the past." His mother said, a cheery air radiating from her. "He's now the ace striker of his dream school, with lots of friends that care enough about him to even come and visit without being asked to. Even if he wouldn't admit it, I'm sure he's happy you're all here."

They exchanged smiles at that. However, the moment was interrupted when they heard two voices coming from the stairs.

"You shouldn't be jumping around so much."

"But I'm hungry! You said you'd wake me up before― Ah!"

"Careful! You already fell off the bed! Don't go falling down the stairs too!"

"Ahaha... Thanks."

The two came through the door and the blonde smiled when she saw them. "Hi, everyone!"

"Kimiko! Hiya!" Kinako went over and saluted, which she returned with the same gesture.

"What was that about falling down the stairs?" Taiyou asked.

She gave a sheepish laugh. "I made a wrong step and nearly slipped. Kyou caught me though."

"Oh, did he now?" The mother pretended not to notice her son's half-glare.

She nodded as she took a seat beside Taiyou, and Kinako went to her other side. Tsurugi went to sit by the dining table, across from his father. Soon, the four in the kitchen finished their cooking and they began to eat, telling each other stories and comparing experiences.

There were a few jabs Kariya and Midori pulled to try and embarrass their friend in front of his parents, but they didn't expect him to be so open to them that they'd know those stories already. Needless to say, they stopped trying quite fast.

"Well, it's been a fun couple of hours with you kids, but I'm afraid we need to get going." His father stood up and exchanged nods with his mother.

"Work on a Sunday?"

"Sorry, Kyousuke. But we'll be back with your brother tonight." His mother said.

"That's not what I meant..." He held back a sigh. "It's fine to take your time. I'll take care of dinner."

"Thank you. Well then, we'll see you later."

"Mm. Good luck and stay safe."

"Have fun, kids."

"Thank you!"

Once they were out the door, the blonde stood up. "Alright, I'm going to take a quick shower. Be right back."