"Ow! Kyou, don't get up so suddenly!" She leaned her back against the side of the bed, resting her head on it while holding on to her forehead.

He was sprawled on the floor, both hands on the back of his skull. "How was I supposed to know your head was right there?!"

"You can hear my voice!"

"As if I'd pay attention to the direction it came from!"

She groaned before blinking her eyes open. They stung. "Ow... Kyou, I think your hair poked my eyes..."

He stared as she blinked away the tears that were gathering. "I can't tell if they're red because of that or because you're sleepy."

"I'm not tired!" She immediately said.

"Kids who say that usually are."

"I'm not a kid either!"

"And now you're getting cranky." He sighed, moving to pick up his books and put them away. That was when he saw the clock. "Looks like we got a little carried away."

02:36.

"...Ah."

"Yeah, we really should get some sleep― Hey!"

When he turned around, he spotted her sneaking onto his bed.

She gave a tired grin. "I'm sleeping here tonight!"

He didn't mind that. They've swapped places many times before. But what he minded was...

"Don't you dare roll off."

If she did, he'd be the one she'd drop on to.

"No promises! Woohoo!" She dove into his blanket and was soon fast asleep.

He rolled his eyes. "Here I thought you said you weren't tired."

He turned off the lights before laying back down on the futon.

He woke up the next morning to the girl laying on top of him.

Just great.

~~~~~

"It's your fault for not waking up."

"But you didn't have to pinch me!"

Midori sweatdropped as she watched the two coming through the doors. "Arguing this early in the day?"

"That's how they always are." Kinako chuckled.

As everyone changed into their jerseys, they told the others about what happened during their time in the France of the past. Kirino showed off his MixiMax while Sangoku took Shinsuke and the forwards to the other goal.

"Come on, don't tell me you're done already!" Kurama taunted.

"One more time!"

Every time they shoot, he'd either not be fast enough to reach it, or, when Tsurugi's the one shooting, he'd be pushed into the goal along with the ball.

"What's going on here, Shinsuke?" Sangoku asked, clearly displeased. "You're lacking force. Use stronger jumps!"

"Sangoku-senpai, am I good enough to keep being a goalkeeper?"

The older boy's frown deepened when he heard those words.

"The opponents are only getting stronger... But I'm not matching up to them the way I want to..."

"...Even so, you're Raimon's guardian."

"Huh?"

"I'll be graduating this year. When that happens, you're the only one who can protect Raimon's goal. It'll be up to you to protect soccer."