"Mm. They've gotten close."

"They're kind of cute." She glanced back to her friend, who was staring down on his own crossed arms. "Hey, Kyou. We have time now, right?"

He finally met her eyes.

"So... Can we talk about what's keeping you down?"

"No."

She frowned. "Then... Would you rather I read your mind instead?"

He stared at her for a moment before giving a single nod. Her eyes glowed a few shades brighter, skimming through his thoughts.

"There was a modified timeline where that accident didn't happen... and Yuuichi-san continued to play soccer. You two got stronger and stronger, to the point you can go abroad. Yuuichi-san wanted you to go, but you insisted that he should... to the point that... you quit soccer for his sake. That's why, Yuuichi-san kept saying that he wanted to return soccer to Tsurugi. Then, in his last moment, he smiled while saying 'Thank you'... before disappearing."

Tenma's words were playing in his head. He had told him everything while they were flying over to God Eden.

Oh... That was why he acted weirdly when she mentioned studying abroad to him.

The reason nii-san believed the whole time travelling thing too... It's because he had a dream about it.

A dream?

...That we were playing together on the riverbank.

A dream of a memory from an alternate reality. Kyousuke...

He dipped his head before sitting up straight. Kimiko shuffled back and gave him room to stand. He went to the side of the tree and watched as Shindou summoned his keshin. Okatsu had long gone, and Fei was there instead.

"Fei."

"What's up?"

"The reason you want to protect soccer is because you love it too, right?"

"No, that's not it. The word 'love' isn't enough to express my feelings. That's because soccer is everything to me."

"Everything... I see, it's that important to you."

Changes in history... His thoughts snapped her attention back to him. They tell me that there was a change where my injured brother was able to continue playing soccer. If that's true, then I have to do my best for both myself and that 'nii-san', who gave soccer back to me, to protect soccer...

"Soccer is everything to me." Fei's words came at him again.

... Soccer is everything?

He turned to her who only gave a shrug. She liked snooping into people's thoughts, but only on the surface. She drew a line when it comes to private matters.

They decided to leave the other two to their practice, heading into town to kill time and avoid dance practice. Finding a small food stall, they decided to stop by and have lunch at a secluded table.

"Hey, Kyousuke."

"Hm?"

"When we had that talk at your place, were you thinking about Yuuichi-san too?"

"...Yeah." He gave her a look that said he didn't want to say anything more out loud. I get that changing history can have dire consequences... But I kind of do wish that they'd try at least... Since, if anything goes wrong, they could just change it again, right?

She hummed, understanding his point. While that sort of world would be nice, I also think that he may be right with that.

Huh?