"Now, now." Aoi grabbed on to her senior right as the redhead rolled up her sleeve.

Shindou smiled a little. "We've really come to Nobunaga's time."

"It's a little hard to believe." Tenma nodded.

Tsurugi crossed his arms. "So, how will we get to meet Nobunaga?"

That question brought them all back down to reality.

"Eh― Um... Well..."

Kimiko frowned. "We all really jumped without a plan, huh?"

"Ahahaha..."

"Let's all split up and gather information." Fei suggested.

"Agreed!" Shinsuke smiled.

"Okay everyone, time to investigate!" Wondeba yelled, making them all cover their ears.

Without another word, they split into six. Tenma, Shinsuke and Aoi, Shindou on his own, Nishiki also alone, Fei and Wondeba, Akane and Midori, and Tsurugi and Kimiko.

~~~~~

Nobunaga... The warlord that unified half of Japan...

Known for his genius tactics and skill...

And his tendencies to burn people.

That made him stop walking. "... What?"

She stopped too and blinked at him. "What?"

He shook his head, continuing their telepathic discussion. What was that about burning people?

Oh. I read in a book once that he has a habit of having up to 20,000 of his already defeated enemies burned alive. Playing with fire is basically his hobby.

That's so... ironic given how he died?

Kyou, trust me. All of Japanese history has some kind of irony in it.

Do I even want to know?

I don't know. Do you?

... Anyway, for a warrior like him, he'd probably be in constant need of weapons, right?

You're saying we should look for a bladesmith?

It's worth a shot.

After asking for a few directions, they were able to find the shop in no time. It helped that it had a large banner with the kanji for 'blade' hanging on the front door.

It didn't need to be said that the owner was surprised to see two children entering his store. Quickly explaining that they were simply fans of Nobunaga and wanted to know more about him, the man calmed down and listened to their questions.

"Nobunaga-sama, eh?" He pondered. "He's never come here."

"I see." Tsurugi muttered before bowing. "Thank you."

Kimiko followed suit. "We're sorry for taking up your time."

"Not at all. But please, don't stick around. Kids like you shouldn't be in this sort of place without supervision."

"We apologize for the trouble. We'll keep that in mind." The boy stated before making his way out first.

When they reached a bridge, far enough from the store, and people in general, she cast him a smile. "Well, well. I didn't think you were capable of such a formal way of speaking."

He rolled his eyes. "Just because I don't like to, doesn't mean I can't."

"You never fail to surprise me."