Kimiko blinked. Did her eyes just change...?

"Come out! Kokuu no Megami, Athena!" A tall woman with blue wings for hair and two guns came out of her back. "Armed!"

Beta, in her new white armor, lifted her leg up high before slamming it down on the ball, splitting it into two.

"Shoot Command 07!"

"Double Shot."

She jumped and used both feet to kick a ball each. The ball converged as it headed straight for the goal.

"Goal! Protocol Omega 2.0 wins their second point!" Two whistles came. "The first half ends here!"

"What do we do...?" Nishiki asked as soon as the team got to the benches.

"At this rate, we'll be beaten before we even have a chance to decipher the notebook." Shinsuke muttered.

"What's with those depressed looks?"

They turned to see who the new voice came from.

"Grandpa!"

"Grandpa?"

"He's Coach Endou's grandfather." Aoi explained to Tenma.

"Him?!"

Kimiko gave a small smile. "So you did manage to convince him. Good job, Aoi!"

"So you're Master D!" Fei exclaimed.

"Master D, eh? Is that how I'm called in the future?"

Kidou's eyes widened. "Then, you believe us?"

"Of course." He turned to face the players, their images reflected on his glasses. "You all have a good look in your eyes. Alright! I'll be the coach for this game!"

"Eh?!"

"You didn't come here to tell us about the strongest eleven in history?" Aoi asked.

"The strongest eleven?"

"Is that what's written in the Holy Book of Champions?"

"I'll save that for later. For now, we've gotta win this match." Well, he's right about that. "The key to winning it is... 3D!"

The second half began with Fei's kick off, Tsurugi heading up. Blocked by Einam, he made a back pass towards Shindou.

3D... Does he mean to use the skies and not just the ground?

"Should you be thinking of something else during the game?" Beta asked, cutting his route.

Thinking fast, Shindou passed to Tenma.

3D! Maybe one of the 'D's is dribbling! Because his focus was off, Tenma lost the ball and it went out of bounds.

In the next kick off, Tsurugi started with the ball again. 3D... Something that pops out... Keshin? "Kensei Lancelot! Armed!" The large knight appeared out of his back and dispersed, surrounding his body, only to dissipate. Quarth stole the ball from him.

"Oh... Is he trying to fuse with his keshin?" Daisuke asked.

"Yeah..." Kimiko nodded. "Of course that'll be his first thought..."

"Did you say something, kiddo?"

"No, it's nothing."

"Maybe the 'D' means defense?" Shinsuke muttered. "Does that mean we need three defenders?"

Reiza, who had the ball, passed it to Beta. She did a regular shot, which Shinsuke was just barely able to block with Buttobi Jump. The ball was back in Raimon's possession, and Fei brought it up.