chapter thirty three.

Start from the beginning

"Guys, the party bus is here!" The one girl exclaimed from the foyer.

The other girls screamed in excitement as they all scrambled to finish their drinks and gather their belongings. I could tell I was going to get sick of this real quick.

We piled into the party bus, all of the girls fighting over who was going to sit next to Austin and I. I was praying none of these girls were getting the wrong idea from me. I wanted nothing to do with them.

Loud music was playing, the girls were dancing and twerking on each other, each one of them with a drink in their hand. What did I get myself into?

As I sat here awkwardly between Austin and one of the girls, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled my phone out and saw my girlfriend finally answered me.

MJ💛
Yesterday 7:14 PM

How was your day?

Yesterday 10:32 PM

Not sure if you already fell asleep, but if you did I hope
you sleep well. I'll talk to you in the morning. 💛

Today 7:48 AM

Morning beautiful. One day closer to getting back to you

Today 9:36 AM

Just drove past a blacked out Maserati and thought of
you. I know they're your favorite

Today 10:57 AM

Are you okay?

Seriously Mal, what's going on?

Today 12:41 PM

Please just let me know you're okay

Today 3:05 PM

Mallory answer me. I'm getting worried

Today 6:32 PM

Babe please answer me

Today 8:45 PM

hey i'm sorry i've been sleeping all day. super
exhausted from this week. i hope u & aus are
having fun. miss u so much. can't wait to give
u the biggest hug when u get back. 💛

Glad you're okay. You really had me worried there.
Aus and I are going out tonight but I'll call you as
soon as I can, okay?

i'm sorry i didn't mean to worry you. can't wait
to hear from you. have fun & be safe💛

💛

I sighed in relief as I texted Mal. I felt a smile grow on my face as I read her text that told me she missed me and couldn't wait to give me the biggest hug. Though she said she had been sleeping all day, part of me felt like there was something more going on. There was no way she was sleeping for the past 24 hours, and there was no way she didn't look at her phone once since last night. I tried not to overthink it, but I knew I would talk to her soon and maybe then I'd find out if anything was going on.

I put my phone back in my pocket, ready to get the night started. I felt better now that I heard from Mallory. Austin handed me a drink and we clinked our cans together before taking a sip. I watched the girls in front of me, one girl sitting on her friends lap as they danced to the music that was playing. I loved how I could tell they were trying too hard, it was comical.

I noticed someones flash on and I immediately turned my head, not wanting to be in the picture or video they were taking. I looked out the window, trying to seem occupied with something else. After a few seconds, the flash turned off and I looked at the girl who had just recorded us.

"Don't post that anywhere." I leaned over to her and tried to say loud enough over the music.

"I won't!" She shook her head. "I'm just sending this to my friend who couldn't come tonight to show her what she's missing."

I nodded my head, not knowing how to respond. The last thing I wanted was for word to get out that Austin and I were in a party bus full of girls. I wasn't the most comfortable here and I didn't want anyone knowing we were here.

As our night went on, I realized I couldn't wait until we left. Austin had disappeared with one of the girls, which left me alone as the other girls danced around me, trying to act sexy and seductive. I turned away from the girls as I took a sip of my beer, trying to find somewhere else to go. 

I felt so wrong for being here with all of these girls. I felt like I was betraying Mallory. I was uncomfortable, I felt awkward, and I certainly had no interest in any of these girls. Mal was the only girl on my mind and for some reason I felt terrible being here while she was in Charleston, chilling at her apartment, waiting for me to get home. I suddenly felt so shitty.

Austin scored a girl, that was his goal from the beginning, and now that he achieved that goal, I didn't feel like there was any reason for me to stay. 

I finished my beer before I pulled out my phone, sending Austin a quick text letting him know that I was leaving. I got myself an Uber and got back to my apartment within thirty minutes.

It was now close to midnight, which meant it was almost 3AM in Charleston. It was too late to call Mal now. I figured she would be sleeping so I decided to get myself ready for bed. 

The sooner I went to sleep, the sooner another day would pass and the sooner I'd get to see my girl. I couldn't wait.

*****

a/n: **PLEASE READ**

hi guys sorry for the late update. also if you've seen the video i referred to in this chap, pls don't hate me lmao. i'm just using that scenario to stir up some ~drama~

so i wanted to get your guys' opinion on something!!

i'm going to be ending this story around 40 chapters (there will be a second book) but i'm curious as to what kind of ending you guys would want because i have a couple ideas 

do you guys want a typical happy ending or a sad/suspenseful ending?? i have ideas for both types of ending so please let me know what y'all want to see!!

ok that's all, lmk what y'all think! don't forget to vote & comment💞

<3