SIDE GO: Isolation and Unlimited Frustration

Start bij het begin

"Kimiko...? You're in my head...?"

It's... complicated. Kyou, I promise I'm alright. I'm with one of the other supervisors right now. You'll see me again at dinner. After that, I'll explain everything.

"Okay...?" He could only scratch his head in confusion when the voice was gone. What the actual―

"I see you're all awake." Kuroki appeared out of nowhere with his ever-present smile. "Do not worry about your belongings, as we have taken the liberty of bringing them to our facilities." Kyousuke had only now realized the duffel bag he was carrying was gone. "Now, if you've all had enough napping, follow me. We will be introducing you to the others you'll be training with."

The children were led into an underground structure. It seemed like an old military bunker. Without all the crates loaded with weapons and valuables, the space was large enough for a soccer battle.

They found their bags all shoved into a corner as other kids came and stood on the sidelines upon command. There were a couple hundred of them at least. They all wore the same grey uniform and some wore strange purple visors.

"Silence!" A loud voice echoed in the chamber. They found a brown-haired man in a pink suit standing on top of a pillar, looking down at them. "Welcome to the island that creates the ultimate, the training camp of gods, God Eden! I am Kibayama. I am entrusted charge over the training facility here! In this training camp, you will aim to be Fifth Sector's elite players, SEEDs! And let's make one thing clear..." His gaze hardened to a glare. "I will not tolerate defiance! Now, Hikita!"

"We will now split you into two groups." A man with beige hair said from beside the pillar. "You will play soccer until you are told to stop. This is so that we may place you with the batch of students that are at your level, so don't hold back. Understood?"

"Yes, sir!"

They were a group of ten, so they were able to split evenly. They all got to keep their positions, which means he got to stay as a striker. There were another two strikers in his team, while the only goalkeeper was in the other. There were three defenders and one midfielder on the other team, and two more midfielders on his team.

An offense versus defense match.

The whistle blew and both teams were hardly in sync. They didn't even know each other's names, which meant there were a ton of insulting comments about their appearances to get the person's attention.

"Sonic the Hedgehog! Hey! Blue spiky head!"

That would be him alright. He turned around just in time to receive a pass. He was already in front of the goal. All he had to do was shoot.

The keeper smirked at him. "Bring it!"

"You asked for it." He lifted the ball, letting it hover before kicking it from below. A dark energy gathered around it as he pushed his elbow forward. Without touching it, he shot the ball straight towards the goal.

The keeper had wide eyes as he took in the sight before him. "W-W-Wait―" He was cut off as the ball hit him square in the chest and pushed him into the net. The other children had roughly the same expressions. Shaking the shock out of his system, he quickly stood and glared at the striker. "You―!! What the hell was that?!"

But he wasn't the least bit intimidated. "They said not to hold back, so I didn't. If you can't handle it, then get off the field."

"What did you say―"

"He's right." Hikita cut in. "There are no rules saying you aren't allowed to use hissatsu techniques if you've already developed one. You are no longer playing elementary level soccer. It appears only Tsurugi understands this."