"Oh? We have a guest today it seems." A black haired boy from the other team approached her with a hand out. "Hi there. My name is Shuu. I'm the captain of Ancient Dark."

She gave a small smile, accepting his hand. "You can call me Kimiko. It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise." He then turned to Hakuryuu. "Is she one of yours?"

"She's an acquaintance." He replied. "She's an observer that answers directly to the Holy Emperor. A while ago, she monitored Unlimited, but was called back to mainland after a few weeks." The rest of his team gave nods, indicating they've all seen her if not interacted with her at least once before.

"Really?" Black eyes turned back to her, filled with curiosity. "Do you have a close connection with him?"

"Something like that." She answered vaguely.

"How old are you if you don't mind me asking?"

"I turned twelve a little while ago."

That earned jaw-drops from everyone but the boy who asked. "I see. I didn't think someone so young could have that sort of job." He took a ball and handed it to her. "Are you strong?"

She pushed it back to him. "Not at all. Sorry, but I'm not here to join your training. I'm just curious about you guys is all."

"Is that so? Does that mean you'll be observing us from now on?"

She gave a chuckle at that. "Oh, I wish. But no, I have other reasons. I'll be starting my own training tomorrow, so today may be my only chance to talk to you like this."

He hummed with a mysterious smile. "Alright then. I suppose I should stop bothering you now." He turned back to the others. "Let's start warm-ups, everyone!"

"Right!"

They spread out across the field, the last one to leave being Hakuryuu. He lagged behind to lean down near her and ask, "Were you seriously only eleven when I first met you?"

She blinked. "Seeing as that was just a few months ago, yeah. Why?"

"... Nothing. Never mind." He left for the field, pretending to be no longer troubled, but she knew better.

She narrowed her eyes at him.

A whole year younger, but she unleashed a keshin before me... Just who the heck is she?!

She couldn't suppress a wry smile. She wished she knew.

~~~~~

That night, Kimiko was unable to sleep, so after making sure her door was locked, she used her abilities to get out.

Thinking of places she felt would be nice, she imagined the waterfall she saw while Hakuryuu took her to the facility. The moment she opened her eyes, she found herself at the very place she imagined.

Right at the top.

"Looks like I'm not the only mysterious one on this island anymore."

Before she could even breathe her first breath, a familiar voice came from behind her.

"S-Shuu?!"

The boy was no longer in his jersey, and was instead wearing a black uniform, as well as an amused smile. "Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me."

Though he said so, she still couldn't help but feel uneasy. "What did you see?"

"Nothing until you suddenly appeared." He started walking up beside her. "You also read Hakuryuu's mind earlier, didn't you?"