XXXI

Breakfast went better than either would have thought. They share an alarming love for pastries and baked goods, that their other mates are sure to turn their noses up at. But Matt can't help the small smile that crosses her face as she thinks about him.

That's when Tony finds her. Smiling subtly while sitting on the couch much like she was earlier in the morning but without a super solider in her lap. Deciding that he was tired and having already heard about her and Bruce resolving any conflict he flips himself on the couch. Then like his mate, crawls and grumbles until his head is happily placed on her warm thighs.

"G'mornin", he mumbles while pressing his face into her stomach.

"It's nearly noon Tony", she retorts with a sweet smile.

He glances up on to find her boobs in the way of her face, "I never thought I'd complain about boobs."

"What", she asks while pushing him a little so she can see his face.

"Sorry your boobs got in the way of your beautiful face", he answers with a school boy smirk.

"Mhm and you're just now waking up why", she questions with a slight smile.

"If you keep acting like a mother hen I might just have to call you mommy", he sasses before his eyes widen in realization.

"You'd like that dear, wouldn't you? Now tell me why you're just now waking up", she replies with a smirk.

"I- I was uh, in the lab. T-this project just distracted me— and I'm so sorry mommy. It won't happen again", he nearly sobs. The quick deterioration into subspace slightly concerns her, but she knows the only way to resolve this is to work him through it.

Matt leaned down and slowly stroked Tony's face with her thumb, "It's okay dear, why don't you let me take care of you now?"

"Yes mommy, please, you'll make me feel all better", he replies with a sweet smile.

"How about we get you a nice lunch, maybe a shower. Then we can watch whatever movie you want", she suggests without breaking eye contact.

Tony vigorously nods before Matt states, "I need you to use your words."

"Yes mommy, sounds so nice", he replies again.