Over?

August's P.O.V

I've been avoiding my feelings, Casey's right it's time to end it. I can't continue being around her, the kissing, hugging, and sex. It's not good for me, I need to end it before I fall deeper.

"Are you gonna be okay doing this?" Casey asked me as we walked up the school steps. Yes....? If it helps I brought a cupcake?" She smiled though it was tense.

"I can say your braver and smarter then me.... when I fell for Miles I kept going until he moved on... it hurt badly" She nudged me softly.

"Good luck.... when do you plan to do so?"  I shrugged a bit. "During lunch or after school? I haven't thought that far along...." She placed her hand on my shoulder giving it a small squeeze.

"August! Can we talk a bit?" We were startled by a voice. I turned back to be meet with hazel eyes, Raine? "Sure what's up?" She pulled me away from Casey.

"It's about Melanie? Did she tell you?" I nodded stifly.

"I can tell by the way you act that your torn over something..... you've fallen in love with her..." I looked away from her. Was I really that obvious. "You can tell that easily?"

"I've seen that look before, so I've come to recognize when people fall in love.... you need a break huh?" I looked at her. "I have to.... she doesn't date...." Raine placed her hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay there's no need to explain things.... do what you feel is right, but just don't forget to word things properly." I raised a brow, easier said then done. After all talking without thinking is what got me in this whole mess in the first place. Raine walked away from as the bell rung, I had to hold off until lunch and I'll tell her.....

~~~~

Walking to lunch my heart felt heavy, I was nervous and unsure. Casey nudged me again, I turned to her all she did was give me an encouragement smile though it was a  bit strained.

"Hey cutie! I missed you this morning~" Melanie stood up and wrapped her arms around me as she pulled me closer to her lips. She gave me a small peck, as she pulled back she held a small smile which turned to a frown. "You seem troubled.... What's wrong darling?" I swallowed nervously, my eyes drifted everywhere but at her.

"Melanie.... can we talk?" My eyes finally drifter back to her, her brows were furrowed a bit. "Alone?" Melanie nodded her head and guided me towards our spot since we always head to her shared car.

She walked in first as I followed after her closing the door after me. She turned her head to look at me, her hand raised up and gently caressed my cheek. "Talk to me... what's got you like this?" I put my hand over her own and pulled it away from my face though I didn't let it go.

"There's no right way to say this....." her brows furrowed but she didn't say anything instead waited for me to continue. "I don't think I can continue on being your special little friend...." I said it.

Her eye's widen slightly for a brief moment, they return to normal as she stares up at me. "Ok..... you don't need to explain why, it's okay.... your agreement doesn't tue you to forever stay..." Melanie turned away from me

"I'm sorry..." I whispered out, she shook her head. "No! Don't apologize.... it's okay cutie..." She smiles at me softly.

She turns her head to the side. "Before we officially end, can I kiss you one last time?" She looks back up at me, I nod my head "one last time..."

She smiles leaning closer to me and so do I, she places her arms around and pulls me into a kiss. But it's different this one is slow and passionate, as she cups my face.

I lean in more to her, not really wanting it to end. In the end I pull away. "It was fun while it lasted Melanie...." She smiled softly. "It was..... the snakes will still be there for you" I nod "thanks Melanie goodbye..." I leave the car not waiting for a reply and quickly head back.

Don't turn around or you'll never break free.

~~~~~

Melanie's P.O.V

He leaves out the car "goodbye August....." I swallow harshly and lean my head on the steering wheel. "Don't go.... please" I cry out softly. But it's to late he's gone now. And that thought hurts my chest.

I pull out my phone sending a quick text to Miles. I throw it on the other seat continuing to cry softly. But why did it hurt this has happened before.

"Fuck! Why does it hurt!" I cried softly before in the car, confused and alone.

~~~~~

I don't know why this took so long it just did, sorry loves~