Diary of Venus Celeste

Introduction

This book contains the worries,adventures and secrets of and 11 year old Victorian girl,the story starts in 1905 with her mother being secret suffragette she must keep herself and her mother safe.Her father tragically died shortly after her birth and her mother has been raising her since.
________________________________

Tuesday 7th August 1905

Dear Diary,
Today is my birthday and my mother got me this journal, she said that it was my fathers before he passed.I miss him dearly even though i never got to know him.I've had to miss a few pages in here as it contained my fathers notes but i'm excited to write all of my secrets and adventures in here.My mother is baking me my favourite pie ,cherry, for pudding so i had to go to the woods to collect them from the woods to were i planted my cherry tree.I live in a cottage with my mother right next to the woods,we don't have any disturbances as the neighborhood town isn't for a couple of yards,It can be a bit lonely being all isolated out here especially when my mother is at her secret meetings but i find ways to make myself busy.I put on my welly's and my coat and took the wicker basket that already had my gloves and diary inside.I headed outside, there was a slight breeze today but it's not overly cold the ground was damp which hinted that it had been since raining.

Whilst i was out i saw multiple animals such as frogs, rabbits and squirrels.I had collected the cherries quite quickly as it had started raining and headed back to my house to see my mum awaiting my arrival at the door.Later on i headed to bed,i have a delicate moss green nightgown as my nightwear and my bed has a wooden base and a patched up blanket.I ought to go now as my mother is coming to turn off my oil lamp at 7 and it's quarter to 7 now.

Goodnight
~Venus Celeste.