Don't Forget Your Socks

When I was younger, my favourite cousin and I had a sleepover with a couple girls from her soccer team. At this sleepover they decided it would be cool to tell creepy stories to eachother. We all got excited, and I curled up in my sleeping bag to listen. They all told their stories and, somehow, I still remember every one they told. There was one story about a babysitter who saw a clown statue in the parents bedroom that wasn't a statue at all, and one about a girl going to the bathroom and turning around to see a clown behind her.
You've probably all heard these stories before, each with a different way of telling, as have I. But there was on I could not find anywhere. So here it is, in my own words:

There once was a man who loved feet. And he loved to paint toe nails. This man loved feet so much, that he would sneak into people's houses at night and chop off their feet to add to his collection, and so he could go home and paint the nails.
The man felt bad about what he did though, and so he decided to make some rules.
He could not take the feet if;
A. The person didn't have their feet under a blanket.
B. The person was wearing socks.
Or C. The person had painted toe nails.

Still to this day, I almost always have my toe nails painted, and when I don't, I wear socks to bed.
I still also connect this to other aspects of horror- I still can't watch horror movies without socks or my feet covered.
And this is how I live my life.