💥Chapter 26💥

Start from the beginning

I walked over to Katsuki's dorm and knocked on his door. When he opened the door, he was wearing black jeans with a reddish-orange sweatshirt and an All Might-themed backpack.

'Are you ready?"

"Let's go."

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the dorm building. We got on a train to take us closer to the trail that we'd be hiking. We got to the trail and started our hike.

I planned to tell him how I felt when we reached the end. Hopefully, the hike back wouldn't be awkward.

"Hey, Katsuki?"

"Hmm?"

"Who would you want to do a work-study under if you could choose anyone?"

"I'd choose All Might, but that isn't an option now."

I looked from his sad, ruby eyes to his All might-themed backpack. All Might's retirement made me feel guilty, but it must be a whole other level for Katsuki.

"Why? Why was it me who put an end to All Might?"

"Katsuki..."

"If only I'd been stronger... If I hadn't been kidnapped by those stupid villains... Everything woulda been fine!"

Katsuki wiped his eyes as he faced away from me.

"All Might's been trying to keep it a secret himself... He hasn't told anyone! But even if I try to forget... Sometimes it all just comes rushing back!"

Katsuki was hunched over, wiping his eyes furiously. I wanted to help him, but he had to talk about it. 

"I've got no freaking idea... What I'm supposed to do!!"

I grabbed Katsuki's wrist and dragged him to the side of the trail. I sat down and pulled him down with me. I pulled him into me and I patted his back. He just let me hold him.

"Oh, Katsu. It's my fault too, but do you want to know what helps me deal with it?"

Katsuki nodded his head, so I continued.

"I always feel better when I remember that my hero said that he would surpass All Might. You have your license now and so do I. Together, we can save everyone that All Might can't now."

A few tears slipped down my cheeks and I wiped them away. I placed my arms back around Katsuki, holding him tight.

"Katsuki, they only tried to get you on their side because they were terrified of your potential. You and I will become amazing heroes."

I lifted his head and wiped the few stray tears away. his eyes were still beautiful, even when they held so much pain.

"I have complete faith in my hero. He's gonna be number one."

Katsuki chuckled a little bit.

"How do you deal with it? All the torture that you went through?"

"Honestly, I'm glad that it was me. I hated the pain, but it wasn't an innocent bystander getting hurt. People weren't dying meaningless deaths to deal with their rage. I was able to protect other people by taking the pain. That's what helps me cope."

"We can be great heroes together."

"Yeah. We can."

I gave him one more squeeze in the hug before I stood up and pulled him up with me.

"Thanks for talking to me. I won't tell anyone."

"You better not!"

I laughed, glad to see the normal Katsuki again.