~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝓋ℯ~

Back at the beach Saiki had managed to get his antennae back without revealing to Teruhashi and practically everyone else at the beach that he has psychic powers. As soon as Teruhashi had taken out his antennae, he had put himself in an almost brain dead state, so his powers wouldn't go haywire.

Saiki had realised that you and Kaido had been transported to some imaginary dark reunion fantasy, but he figured that you'd both be fine and it'd be a much quieter place if he just left you two there for a little while longer.

"They'll live."

It had been at least a few days since you and Kaido had heard anything from the Dark Reunion henchmen. At least it felt like it had. It had only been around 3 hours since you'd woken up. You were still lying on Kaidos lap but your eyesight and headache had also improved.

Kaido had fallen asleep from boredom. You had tried but something kept you awake. Some uneasy feeling filled your mind and made your chest tight. This apprehensive feeling made you feel a sense of distress and restlessness.

Something horrible was going to happen. The Dark Reunion was probably preparing some sick scheme to extract the "black beat" or whatever that was.

You were worried they were going to kill him. Against them the both of you were powerless. You had nothing you could fight back with. The only thing you could do was run, but even that didn't seem to work. That's the whole reason the two of you were locked up in a crusty, cold dungeon.

There was nothing you could do, no escape plan, no nothing. You were just stuck waiting for the worst. Your hope for survival had diminished.

You didn't want to die. There was still so much you needed to do. You thought about all the plans you had made for your future. They were all slipping through your fingers. You felt as if you'd wasted your life being stupid.

Feeling hot from angst, you touched your cold hands to your head to try and cool down. As you placed your hands down you could feel a giant lump from where you'd hit the front of your head on the floor. That was definitely going to leave a bruise.

"Hey (Y/n) is everything okay? Are you feeling better?" Kaido mumbled, having just woken up.

"Yeah, I think so, why do you ask?"

"Cause you look way worse than you did before. Your face has gone pale and you seem pretty restless. Are you sure you're feeling better?"

"I'll be fine don't worry about me."

Kaido just nodded with a concerned look on his face. You didn't want to lie to him but the most important thing to do right now was to stay calm. You couldn't afford panic due to you burdening  him with your anguish. Doing that would probably cause distress. You just had to hide your worries and keep Kaido calm.

"Did you sleep well?" You asked in an attempt to shift the mood.

"Yeah it was okay. I've had better. But at least for a little while I was able to forget that we were here. I wish that I could just stay asleep and pretend like nothing ever happened."

It saddened you to hear Kaido speak like that. He has always been so cheerful and bright. You don't blame him though, in a situation like this, it could make the happiest person alive sad.

"Im just glad that you're here with me (y/n). If you weren't here I don't know what I'd be doing but I know I'd probably be a sobbing mess. With you here I'm able to be somewhat calm. You're one of the nicest people I've ever met and I'm glad it's you I'm stuck with."

Kaidos statement surprised you. How does his mood change so quickly?

"Thank you Kaido." You smiled.

Suddenly the same tall man who had put you in this cell had appeared along with around 5 other guards standing in a perfectly straight line behind him.

"Well, well, if it isn't my two favourite prisoners, the wimp and the brat. The time is come to meet your demise."