Chapter 7

Previous chapter:

“Stop what you are doing now, demon!!”
_______________________________________

Now:

-Before the incident-

A muscular and iron clad man was walking towards the king's worksplace in a hurry. He was detained by some people who is guarding the king's entrance but they were only pushed roughly by the man. He pushed open the door and entered without greeting the king. He slapped the table hard and looked at the middle age king with an angry face.

 He slapped the table hard and looked at the middle age king with an angry face

“What does all this mean, My Lord?!”

The king just looked at the man who was in front of him and resumed his work without paying any attention to the man. The king's personal soldiers began to enter the room and pointed their swords at the man. The man ignored the soldiers who pointed their swords at him and glared at the king who was still writing something on a piece of paper.

“Captain Chris, can you be quiet for a moment I'm still busy doing my job.” The king said as he put a stamp on his paper and replaced the paper with another paper to be stamped.

The men named Chris became angry and snatched the paper from the king and threw it to the floor. The king was shocked at his action and looked at him angrily.

“How would I want to keep quiet if you told my men to go take on a very dangerous mission that could threaten their lives. They have just returned from the war and now you are giving them another dangerous mission?!”

The king just sighed in annoyance upon hearing a protest from Chris which is his son. The king began to feel a headache and massaged his forehead.

“Chris remember that I am your father and also a king. Isn't it your job as my son and also the captain to listen and grant my wishes? If I say you have to do it then you have to do it without a single complaint. Do you understand?”

Chris gripped his hand tightly and looked at the king with anger and frustration.

“But we don't know whether the person in it is strong or not. We can't just go and attack them. If we are careless we will lose and many lives will be lost.”

The king began to lose his temper and took a bottle of ink and threw it at Chris.

“Do you doubt the strength of the king that is me! Do you know how many lives I have killed?! You should know that my status is higher than anyone in the world, they call me and worship me like a gods! Before I killed you, you better do your job now!”

The king was screaming at his son and poked Chris's chest with his index finger. Chris slapped his father's hand so hard that his father's pale hand turned red from his slap.

“That's you, not them. I don't care what you do to me. I'm just worried about them. They are like family to me. If I want to compare them to you, you are like garbage on the side of the road in my eyes.”

“Shut up!! Remember I am the king and you are only a useless son who should be thankful that I have given you the position as a captain in the soldier instead of throwing you in the middle of the road with your ugly mother. Everyone should obey my order even if it is an unreasonable one!!”

Hearing the king mention his late mother like that Chris could hardly hold back the tears and tried to refrain from killing the king in front of him. Chris looked down at the floor sadly. Seeing the silent Chris, the king ordered his personal soldiers to lower their swords and leave his study.

“The way you talk is very annoying. You're crazy and you don't realize it. I don't care about this family anymore and after all this is over don't expect me to come back here again. I'm tired, I'm tired of all this. I'm tired of your selfish behavior.”

With that, Chris stepped out of his father's study quickly. Chris went to his bedroom and packed all his clothes to leave the castle. He saw a picture of a portrait of his mother with him on the wall of the room and looked at the portrait with sadness.

“I will leave this place mother, please give me your blessing on this long journey.” He clasped his hands together and began to pray.

-Time Skip-

Chris rode his horse at high speed which was heading to the north. After a few weeks of riding, he finally reached his destination. He remembers correctly the information of where he was. As far as he can remember the place was full of high class bandits and they were categorized as the most violent bandits in the world. That's why he was a little hesitant and worried when sending his men here. He knew that his people had already begun to lose their spirit and energy as they had been at war for several months.

Chris was very hopeful that after this war was over he would like to give them a break for a year without cutting their salaries. Imagine how their faces will be when they can meet their loved ones again is the happiest thing for him. But after they finished the war they were surprised by the discovery of a strange object that appeared suddenly in the sky. He immediately got an order from his father to check the place with the remains of the surviving soldiers through a messenger bird.

Of course Chris did not accept it and went to his father's palace to protest. And the rest, you guys already know what happened.

After several hours of horseback riding, Chris was startled by the sight in front of him. There he saw his teammates lying lifeless on a barren ground filled with dried blood. He got off his horse and stepped helplessly towards the corpse of his teammate when he saw his teammates who is losing their limbs and their bodies covered in burns. Some lose their heads and some have organs that come out of their stomachs. He froze when he saw the corpse of his best friend with only his head was left with his wide open eyes and mouth lying in front of his feet. He wanted to screamed but his voice could not come out of his throat, all that came out of him were tears of anger from his eyes.

Not long after that he heard an incredible explosion not far from him. He saw the bodies of his friends for the last time and leave them lying in there and headed towards the sound of the explosion. He was shocked to see a winged creature that hiding its face behind a faceless mask killing the dragons easily just by using a small bubble. He saw the corpses of the dragons that had been charred and lost limbs fall to the ground. He felt disbelief because according to the results of his studies in royal high school regarding dragons. The dragon he saw now was the strongest dragon and had very hard scales that were difficult to destroy.

Chris saw the creature put its wings back and fall itself to the ground that was miles high. When the creature fell he could feel a light tremor on the ground surface. When he looked ahead he saw the creature raise its hand upwards and the tremor began to be felt again and a golden thorn appeared from underground and wrapped around the persons who is he thinks is a bandits.

When he saw the creature trying to grip its hand tightly, his body seemed to move by itself as he took the sword that was at his waist and threw it at the creature. The creature looked a little shocked and then he realized that his sword had cut the creature's wrist until it was bleeding. He was shocked by his own action and without wasting any time he shouted at the creature.

“Stop what you are doing now, demon!!”

End of Chapter 7