"Literally, all I said was 'really'," Y/n deadpanned, scowling at Kakyoin. "For all he knows, I could've been talking about the baby shitting itself."

At her words, Kakyoin smiled slightly – a knowing smirk to himself. Before she could ask him why he was being suspicious, an urgent question shot to the forefront of her mind.

"Wait, wait, wai-"

"I am waiting."

"Shut up. I'm talking about the kid. Where is it?"

Kakyoin snorted, "It was taken back by the Speedwagon Foundation medics that responded to our SOS we sent last night. They're also the ones that provided the map and informed us that we happened to crash just a mile or two off the coast."

Y/n nodded in understanding, "Right. And so now we follow the map and its wielder."

"Follow the map and its wielder," echoed Kakyoin.

The two trudged along behind Jotaro, Polnareff and Joseph for a while in silence, other than the occasional pointing out of an interestingly shaped cactus or high sand dune in the distance. When Y/n felt the beading sweat from her hairline finally drip down her forehead, she groaned.

"A mile or two, you said? I think I'm gonna disintegrate into a pile of bones if I walk even another ten metres. I'm dead beat."

"Yet you're the one that slept the longest."

"How am I supposed to magically wake up along with the rest of you in time to pack when nobody wakes me up. It's not like I have an alarm clock with me."

"Ah, about that," Kakyoin drawled. The smug smirk was suddenly back on his face, and he was looking at Y/n like he knew a lot that she did not.

Y/n leaned away from him, cautious of his evil expression, "What...?"

"There's a reason why you weren't woken up," Kakyoin supplied, looking as if devil horns were about to sprout from his head. When Y/n's blank stare remained unwaveringly, he leaned in further as his smile stretched wider. "Let's say; we weren't allowed to."

Wanting to wipe the look of Kakyoin's face, as well as know the meaning behind what he was alluding to, Y/n elbowed the redhead sharply in the ribs, quick enough that he couldn't dodge. The resulting yelp caught the attention of the other Crusaders, each turning around to inspect the situation.

Y/n smiled, sugary sweet in response to their curious stares. Only Jotaro remained glaring at them after a few moments, turning away once Y/n returned to looking at Kakyoin.

"That made my face hurt," she mumbled, cupping her jaw.

Kakyoin scowled at her as he nursed his bruised midriff, "'cause you're one of the two petulant, evil-incarnates here that only smiles once in a blue moon – and refuses to take a hint!"

"Please go jump in shark-infested waters."

"Proving my point," Kakyoin quipped in a sing-song voice.

Y/n allowed him a few more seconds to see to his ribcage, as well as come out with more utterly and absolutely incorrect accusations about her before staring at Kakyoin once again. "Now, tell me what you meant."

Kakyoin grumbled, "Fine."

Holding up his free arm, he pointed to the back of Jotaro's head as he threw Y/n a pointed look.

"You see, the other petulant, evil-incarnate over there?" He waited for Y/n to nod slowly before continuing, "Well, he didn't allow us to wake you up. When I offered to, he said he wanted to do the honours himself, saying something about how it would be entertaining to watch you fumble around, rushing to get ready last minute – not that I believe that excuse-"