𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

knowing miranda bailey was giving her a warning, laura bennet smiled tightly, "right." she muttered before picking up her papers and walking away leaving bailey to watch her go.

🩺.

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 er and made her way up the staircase preferring it over awkward elevator rides. she could still feel her cheeks burning as laura re-entered her brain. she walked the hallway of the surgical floor with a distracted look on her face. that was before she saw meredith exit the other staircase, a distracted look on her face as well.

"oh, hi meredith." julie said snapping the girl out of her trance.

meredith's wide eyes went to her new friends', curiosity spiking as she saw the blush on the girl's cheeks. "julie." meredith said smiling waiting for julie to reach her before they began walking together, subtly blocking the little window of the staircase.

"what were you doing on the staircase?" julie asked curiously knowing katie bryce was still on the surgical floor.

"why're you blushing?" the blonde shot back making them share a look. they held eye contact for a moment before wordlessly looking away, agreeing not to ask further questions.

they entered the gallery side by side. julie took a seat first, sitting down one seat away from izzie. she shot the blonde a smile, which she returned, before looking down at the or. she cringed slightly as she saw george nervously rocking on his feet.

"he's gonna faint. he's a fainter." an intern said as he entered the gallery, taking a seat behind julie, the woman rolling her eyes at him.

"no, code brown. right in his pants." another one said.

"he's all about the flop sweat." said the one who made the faint comment. "he's gonna sweat himself unsterile."

"ten bucks says he messes up the mcburney."

"fifteen says he cries." the voice of cristina called out making julie look up from where she was watching george with meredith. her eyes landed on cristina, who passed izzie's legs to take the seat between her and julie. feeling the woman's glare cristina turned her head towards julie, her eyebrows raised. "what?" julie just huffed before childishly crossing her arms over her chest and leaning back in her chair.

"i'll put twenty on a total meltdown."

"fifty says he pulls the whole thing off." meredith spoke up loudly making everyone, including julie look at her with surprise and doubt. "that's one of us down there, the first one of us. where's your loyalty?" meredith said eyeing george.

cristina leaned forward, looking at meredith before leaning back in her chair speaking up, "seventy five says he can't even id the appendix."

izzie quickly responding with "i'll take that action." receiving repressed smiles from both meredith and julie.

julie straightened up in her seat as george began his surgery. her smile widened every time someone else lost money, her proudness of george showing.

"oh no." she muttered as george made a mistake, burke having to step in. she sent him a sad smile as he looked up at the gallery with his sad bambi eyes.