"Hear what?" I gave a questioning look as he pointed towards the door.

"Those loud footsteps..."

"Comin' through!!" A deep voice exclaimed as the door crashed down, revealing the boar-headed human.

"Ah, I remember him from the final selection!" Zenitsu exclaimed as I gave the boy a skeptical look, sensing malicious intent, "Mr. impatient!"

That's a weird name.

"There it is!" The boar cackled as he pointed one of his ridged katanas at Tanjiro's box, "Time to skewer this demon—"

"Stop that!" Zenitsu yelled, appearing in front of the boar, I hadn't even realized he was gone.

"Huh? If you're really with the Demon Slayer Corps, you should know that we have to kill that thing!" He shouted at Zenitsu as he threatened to strike him.

I simply watched, not knowing how to handle this situation.

The boar is right...it's a demon, even I had planned on getting rid of it, why is Zenitsu pro-

"I refuse! Because...because Tanjiro said it was more important to him than his own life!"

My eyes widened at his words, my heart seemingly stopped as I watched Zenitsu continue to be beaten.

Sidestepping toward the two, I appeared in front of the boar as I simply slapped him, sending him flying into a tree.

Turning around and kneeling to become eye level with the blonde boy, I opened my satchel, removing the bandages and ointment I had, and set them on the ground as I sensed an attack coming.

"If he won't fight me, you fight me!" I felt a kick, and then a punch as I continued to heal Zenitsu, who looked at me with widened eyes.

"Y/n..." he whispered as tears began to form in his eyes.

"Don't move, you'll mess it up," I said, ripping the sleeve of my haori as I used it to wipe the blood and dirt from his face, then ripping my other sleeve as I used it as something to secure the bandage on his head, "Are you alright Zenitsu?"

Tears flowed from his eyes as he continued to watch me get beat.

"Stand up, fight me! Coward!" The boar raged as he continued to strike me.

"I refuse."

"Huh?" His attacks stopped as I turned around and faced him, causing him to take a step back.

"It's against the rules if I draw my blade—"

"YOU'RE A GIRL?!" He exclaimed.

"Yes..." I questioned my own response, confused about his question that only required common sense to answer.

"But...but..." he sulked in front of me, "You didn't even budge when I was kicking you!"

"I felt nothing," I responded, "I thought you were just being easy on me."

"GYAHHH FIGHT ME!" He exclaimed once again, charging at me, attacking me low as I simply avoided his attacks.