As I scrambled and crawled away, my elbows rubbed raw against the ground and began to sting. Michael continued to pursue with his blank yet intimidating posture.

The stern and strong role of built for myself over the years here began to crumble at the sight of my boogeyman. My stalker. As much as I hated it, tears began to form in my left eye and in the right they were well on the way.

But that didn't stop Myers. No. No, all he did was twist his weapon in preparation for a second attack. And when he planted a foot on my gut, not only was I pinned, but the move winded me and left me at his mercy.

As I hacked and gasped, trying to return air to my lungs, I got a front row seat as Michael reeled his arm back before swinging the knife towards my face...

I clenched my eyes tight.

My breath hitched.

I accepted the fate to come.

Or so I thought it would come...

Seconds ticked down after I sealed my eyes, but I was still alive. Had he missed? No...

When I opened my eyes again, I found what had stopped my attacker. And it was the same new killer.

His black gauntlet clung to Michael's wrist and held his knife back. His own masked face stared at Michael's with an emotion I couldn't read, but feel. He was infuriated.

"Michael. I could've sworn Evan said no killing survivors out here." The man said, holding his posture still. As I thought, Michael didn't give a response. His eyes were still locked down on me.

Then I saw Michael try to continue pushing his knife downwards. Luckily it hadn't moved as the other killer held tightly.

"What did I just say?" The man said, and this time I could hear the annoyance in his voice. When Michael stopped his struggle, I actually thought that this new guy had somehow gotten to him. But boy was I wrong.

Michael suddenly shook his arm back in an attempt to free himself, then turned and reached his free hand towards the Shapeshifter's head. It looked like he was aiming for his eyes, but the other guy ducked under the attack before removing his own knife from his belt.

The black blade pierced into Michael's hand, going straight through the front and out the back and making Myers groan. I would've continued backing away if I didn't remember there were three other killers behind me.

The Shapeshifter kicked him away with a firm shot to his gut, making the Shape stumble back before almost instantly recuperating. Damn him. How could Michael be so strong?

"If you want to fight someone, then fight me, not her." The man removed the second knife from his left and pointed it at Michael. When my eyes set on the blade, I realised something I hadn't realised during the trial. That was Legion's knife... The only person who had that except for them was... (Y/N).

No, it couldn't be him... Was this what I had been imagining? How could he be a killer and a survivor? It's impossible.

Michael stormed back towards him, reeling his knife back and plunging it towards who I now assumed to be (Y/N). Oh, please let him be safe. Please...

Thankfully he did dodge the attack. But Michael wasn't stupid. He launched a second swing a mere second later, clipping his enemy's hood and sending it ringing backwards.

Yes... Yes, it was (Y/N). I hated to believe what I was seeing, but that was the same H/C hair and I could barely see those gleaming E/C eyes. How did this happen?

(Y/N) took a couple steps back, a hand running through his hair as if he was checking for his hood. When he didn't find it over him, I saw his eyes narrow in what I assumed to be irritation.

But as my eyes looked back to the assailant he was fighting, I saw Myers staring me down as he skulked back towards me again. My eyes widened, but I didn't have enough time to react as Michael swung towards me again.

Before the blade caught me, a blur shuffled at my side, tackling me out of the way. I rolled. Then I stopped. When I did, I felt the noticeable grasp of an arm around me as my head hit a hard surface.

I glanced up, seeing the bottom half of a face mask and the black garments that covered a chest. (Y/N) was holding me in one arm and holding one of his knives in the other.

"(Y/N)..." I whispered his name, barely able to hold in a stutter as my emotions were confused. He shushed me.

When I managed to turn my head to look at Michael again, I saw the Shape was bound at the ankle. The Entity's claws had caught his leg and they were slowly reaching up around him, pulling him down into what I could only call an abyss. Was it... punishing him?

(Y/N) turned my head the opposite way with his finger, pulling me against him in an unexpected show of security. All I knew was that Michael couldn't get me now I was in his embrace. It brought me comfort.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I couldn't stop myself from sniffling. No. I wasn't okay. It felt like that dreadful night all over again. As my tears unwillingly fell against his chest, the sudden rush of memories made me openly sob. That was enough for him to seemingly understand my answer as I could've sworn I felt him rub the back of my head.

I didn't want to leave his hold. His warm clasp of a hug. I wanted to stay here as long as I could.