Giving one last glance at the two children, and a skeptical glance at the box, Tanjiro opened the door as the three of us entered.

"Hey Y/n...you'll protect me right?" Zenitsu mumbled into my stomach, still clung to me.

"What kind of man needs to be protected by the love of his life?" Tanjiro scolded him as he walked in front of us.

"Shut up Tanjiro! You're just mad you don't have someone to love!" Zenitsu exclaimed, letting go of me as he head-butted Tanjiro.

"You only met her moments ago!"

"It's called love at first sight!"

"I doubt she thinks that!"

"She does!"

"I don't," I stated, as I pointed to the two children walking towards us, "It looks like they decided to come along."

"No don't!" Tanjiro exclaimed with worry as they cried running to us, the boy gripping onto my haori as the girl grabbed onto Tanjiro.

"Scratching sounds were coming from inside the box!" The girl cried as I frowned.

I knew it, I knew I sensed a demon close by, there's no doubt this boy is carrying.

A loud noise of rumbling and cracking broke throughout the mansion as I held the boy closer to me.

"WAHH!" Zenitsu screamed, "Y/n!!"

"Wait Zeni—" I started but didn't finish as Zenitsu grabbed onto me as I stumbled into another room along with the two, "Tanjiro!"

"Y/n!" He reached out with worry on his facial features, but before we could even reunite the strike of a drum echoed throughout the mansion as the room began to change multiple times.

"Stay close to me," I whispered as I felt them nod along with Zenitsu whimpering.

Once the drum stopped Zenitsu started to freak out, opening multiple doors as me and the boy simply watched.

"This is the kind of person that's supposed to protect humans?" The boy sighed as I nodded.

"Don't worry, I doubt there is anyone else like him. I still sense a strong aura from him, he's strong, just a crybaby."

"This one!" Zenitsu audibly gasped as he stared into the darkroom, "It's a monster!"

"Zenitsu!" I exclaimed, side-stepping to grab him before a boar-headed human came crashing through the door and ran down the hallway, probably not even noticing our presence.

"Y/n!!!" Zenitsu exclaimed as he rubbed his face into my chest, "I love you! I love you! I love y—"

"Children..." a disturbing voice spoke from behind us, "They should taste good."

I quickly turned around but before I could take any action, I was scooped off my feet.

"Ah, Zenitsu! Don't worry I can—"

"No Y/n, no!" Zenitsu cried as he continued running, "I won't let it harm you, don't worry!"

"Y/n!" The boy exclaimed as fear was presented on his face as the tongue of the crawling demon extended like a whip and stretched out to hit the kid.

"Grab on!" I reached out my hand as I grabbed him and threw him into a room, dragging both me and Zenitsu also from the force of my strength.

Though I threw the boy hard, I quickly moved to catch him before he collided with the ground and set him on his feet.

"Zenitsu..." the boy walked up to the older one who was face-flat on the floor.

"80%! 80% of the fear is in my knees now!" He exclaimed as he gripped the boys' shoulders, "I'm gonna die, we're gonna die!"

"Get up!" The boy exclaimed as he shook Zenitsu.

"Heh," the demon chuckled as he crawled into the room, making Zenitsu shriek in fear again.

"Get up!"

"I can't!"

"What's the sword for?! Fight!"

"I'm scared!"

"I'm gonna guzzle your brains through—"

"Breath of life: First form," the sound of the unsheathing of my blade echoed throughout the room as all eyes set on me, "A flower's promise."