end ―『 epilogue 』

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I mentally promised myself to never come back to that part of the alley ever again, not wanting to see that girl that just made my heart take a leap.

But for fuck's sake, I broke it.

"You're the best, y/n!"

Hurriedly hiding behind the wall, I peeked a bit to see her again. With a mesmerizing smile sketched on her face that you won't get tired of looking at.

Her gaze suddenly went towards my direction. Panicking, I immediately hid behind the wall with my heart beating so fast again. Was it because of nervousness? Hopefully, that was the case.

I silently prayed that she didn't see me. One, just one fucking request and the heavens didn't even bother granting it.

"Are you alright? Why did you ran away last night?" Her bombarding me with tons of questions either made my head fucking pissed at her for being so nosy, or made my heart take another beat at the thought of someone worrying about my state. "Look at you. Did you even put some oinments on your wounds?"

The moment her hand touched mine, it's like I'm in peace. Her delicate hand softly caressing my cheek made me crave more of her touch.

"H-Hey strawberry boy. Let's get you patched up, hmm."

Strawberry boy... not bad for a name.

This girl's patience was longer than my fucking katana. Being able to stand my silence for more than ten minutes was impressive enough as most people can't even get past five.

Seeing how careful she is as she treated my wounds, I felt like a little baby under his mother's care. Not that I want her to be my mother.

And if that's not enough for her, she even suggested to help me with my papers! Her curing my wounds and treating me with food was already more than enough.

Just how helpful is this girl? Is she always this kind-hearted? If it was somebody else in my shoes, will she treat him like how she treated me?

The last question made my eyes see red for a bit. Just imagining her hands on someone else's face made me want to slash the fucker's dick who tried to dirty er hands with his desert-like face.

"Can he at least stay here for the meantime? Until he finds a place to live."

Damn, this girl sure is thick-faced enough to asked the old looking guy to let me stay at their place.

Though, I got to admit, I'm kind of touched by her thoughtfulness.

Walking beside her through the silent streets with only the glimmering moon giving us light to see the path, it was paradise.

For once, I felt peace.

Not until she discovered my fucking katana.

With how her face looks, it looked like everything had sunk in her brain, to which her hold of the weapon let loose, causing it to fall and create a large noise.

I was expecting her to tell Manjiro about the drugs and the weapon I brought. But no.

Instead, she hastily hid it and acted like nothing's wrong. Lying straight to the blond-haired boy's face. Oh boy if you only knew how flustered I was at her action.

She lied... to protect me.

And yet again, my heart skipped a beat.

"Haruchiyo, there's more dishes outside," one of my colleagues said.

"Can you get those for me, please? I'm mopping the floor right now."

Two months since I stayed inside their household, I was getting along pretty well with everyone.