10 ―『 seeing you again 』

Chapter Ten - Seeing You Again.

───────────────────────

"This ring looks nice," I commented, admiring the diamond ring on my finger.

My fiance chuckled, "Everything looks nice when you wear it, love."

Rolling my eyes, I hit his chest lightly, "Stop fooling around, Ran."

He just smiled cheekily before snuggling onto my neck. It felt tickly that I had to push him away, earning a pout from the latter.

We were at a jewellery shop. Ran wanted to buy me a new ring since he's unsatisfied with the one he used to propose to me. Though, it was already fine for me, it's not for him.

"After this, let's go shopping. Hmm?" he muttered as he kiss my temple. "I want to spoil you."

He's always like this. Buying me things, it was getting too much. But in the end, I had no choice. I still love him, though.

We went to the Gucci shop to buy some clothes. Ran was sitting on a couch observing me while I'm standing in front of a mirror, checking if the clothes suit my body.

"By the way, have you heard? Rindou's also getting married," he said as I was rummaging through the pile of dresses.

"Really? Good for him, then," I commented, not looking at him.

I heard him tsked. "He wants our wedding to be on hold. That impatient motherfucker."

A laugh came out of my lips.

Taking a cute dress, I turned at the mirror. "He's your brother, Ran. It's fine."

"It's not for me."

Chuckling, I shook my head. Ran, as always.

He was holding all eight bags of different brands while we walk towards the parking lot. I can hear him mumbling from behind as I scroll through my phone, not giving him attention.

We decided to buy some drinks at a cafe we passed by. I ordered strawberry milk tea while he ordered hot coffee. Hot coffee, in one hot day.

Not going to lie, strawberry always makes me remember him.

"Let's go to the market first. I'm craving for some strawberries."

"Anything you want, love."

Ran placed the bags on the backseat and opened the passenger's seat for me as I smiled, thanking him before going inside. As I was waiting for him to start the car, my sight flew towards a silhouette hiding behind a post.

"Huh?"

I can only see his shadow, but I'm pretty sure it's looking at our direction. I can feel its intese glare, it kind of send shivers through my body.

The shadow disappeared. Ran started the engine before driving away, leaving my thoughts of the mysterious silhouette.

"The invitations are ready." Emma suddenly barged inside my office. "They are ready to be sent."

"Huh?" My eyeglass fell on the tip of my nose. "But... I thought the wedding's on hold until the next year? Rindou's getting married next month, no?"

She suddenly laughed like I just said something funny before walking near my table and sat on it. "Haven't you heard? They broke up last night."

"Eh?!"

"Yes! I heard his fiancee broke up with him. I don't know the reason why, though." Emma shrughed at the thought. "Isn't that great? You're wedding will now be happening. You won't have to wait for a year now."

"Still... I feel bad for Rin..."

"Who cares? It's not like it ain't normal for him getting dumped here and there." She said, bored while waving her hands. "Besides, I'm more immersed on your love story with Ran. Aack! I want to hear how you to fell in love with each other, one day." Her fingers are intertwined with one another, tilting her head with her eyes closed as she said those words, looking like a die-hard fangirl.

I shook my head. I still can't believe I'm still friends with Emma even after a decade. When I turned eighteen, I flew to Australia and continued my studies there. At twenty, that's when I met Ran and became really close with him until we started dating after three years of friendship. He proposed when I turned twenty-six before flying back home, where our wedding will be held.

During those years, I was glad I haven't lost touch with the siblings. Even with my friends at school and other acquantances.

I still had communication with everyone. Except for that strawberry haired boy.

I wonder how he is right now. Is he feeling well? Does he have a place to stay? Is he eating three times a day? Is he working well and is earning enough money for his everyday expenses?

"Y/n!"

I flinched at the sudden shout from Emma.

She furrowed her eyebrows at my reaction. "Are you okay? I've been calling your name for ten times now."

Smiling, I answered, "Nothing. What are you going to say again?"

"Oh, right." She took a piece of paper before giving it to me. "I found this on our doorstep. It says it's for you. Don't know who it is from, though."

Curious, I took the paper from her and opened it. It was an address.

Meet me there. 10pm.

A confused look went up to my face before raising my head back to look at Emma who just shrugged.

Just like what's written, I went to the destined place.

Sitting on a bench, I looked at the place before looking back at the paper. Weird, no one's here.

I surely am in the right place. I didn't ask twenty people just to end up being lost.

The cold breeze hit my skin that made me shivered. The rustling of the leaves and the sound of the crickets reached my ear. And yet, there's still no shadow.

With a sigh, I went up to my feet. Maybe someone bothered to make a prank off of me.

I was about to walk away when I felt some presence behind me.

Looking back, a man with a suit came into my view. My eyes squinted, trying to take a good look on his face that's being covered with the tree's shadow. But I'm pretty sure he had a mullet hair.

"Uh, excuse me? Are you the one to wrote this?" I asked, giving him the piece of paper.

A received no answer and just stood there awkwardy. I don't have anything to say. My original plan was to meet up with the one who gave me the letter and ask them why they want to meet up with me. But with his silence, it's making me change the plan.

"Uh, sir?" I called him, "if you won't answer, then I'll just go home. I promised my fiancè to cook him when I come back--"

"Fiancè, huh?" A familiar voice echoed through my ears, making me freeze on the spot.

"Y-You..." I stuttered as I turned around to look at him. "Don't tell me your..."

The stranger then walked towards me as light slowly travels through his face.

My eyes widened at the sight. I can feel my heart pounding so hard as I look at his face. His hair changed... but his scars remained the same. The only difference is that, he's now fully cofident to show them to everyone.

I wonder... if he's the same strawberry boy I've met ten years ago.

"Haru... chiyo..."

───────────────────────

rosie.