Chapter 10 || Eclipse

Beginne am Anfang

  "Hmm... Honestly, 'di ko alam province ko. But I remember that we went to Palawan once when I was a kid. I'd love to go back and witness the underground caves there." He slows down. "Gusto kong sumama mga kaibigan ko if ever pwede akong pumunta doon ulit. Swimming, Underground caving, hiking or bonding. You name it, I just want to be with my friends and maybe, with the love of my life."

  "Unexpected."

  "What do you mean 'unexpected'?"

  "I never knew you'd be the type to go island hopping while your life here is full of luxury. I, myself still can't believe I'm riding and talking with you. A heartthrob enrolled to the 4th most expensive school in the Philippines. Did I also mention that you also live in a freaking mansion. Of course it's unexpected."

  "Handsome guys like me deserves breaks too, you know?" I saw him smirking while looking at me.

  "Don't be so full of yourself, Rodriguez."

  "I'm handsome, and you know it."

  Hinampas ko ang kaniyang balikat kaya naman napatawa ang tukmol.

  "Ikaw? City or Province?"

  "City naman ako."

  "Why?"

  "Cities kasi I love modernity. I feel safe within those concrete walls. I'd love to wake up in the morning and see the city by my condo's window, with a cup of coffee in my hand." I sighed.

  "I see." He smiles at me, before looking back at the road.

  "Your turn to ask."

  "Hmm..."

  After a minute of thinking, tumingin na siya sa akin at nagtanong.

  "What's your sexuality?"

  "Do I really have to answer that?" I roll my eyes.

  "Yes."

  "Fine. Well, I'm gay."

  "Since when?"

  "Since I had a crush on someone... Who happens to be the boyfriend of my bully back then..." I clutched my hands. He looked at me and saw a hint of shock and curiosity in his eyes.

  "Would you mind if you can tell me about him? Hm?" He took my hands and caressed it for a sec before going back to the wheel. I saw him give me a warm smile, before going back to the road.

  "No, u-uhm... He was my classmate when I was in highschool. W-we weren't close back then kaya naman I admired him from afar." I play with my fingers, as I took a look of Nathan nodding.

  "H-he was my ultimate crush back then, Haha." I blushed. "Kaya naman I would make effort in buying him pandesal and watch h-him play during his basketball matches."

  I gulped.

  "When I thought that I-I had the c-chance to confess. I saw him m-making out with his g-girlfriend. Then from there, my l-life was hell."

  "Go on."

  "H-huh?"

  "Please, continue."

  I gulped once more.

  "U-unfortunately, nung nakita ko silang naghahalikan sa may CR. I had a letter on my hand and some c-chocolates. Of course, I was heartbroken, so I ran away. Which made me drop the l-letter and chocolates. My name was written on the both of i-it..."

  "Hmm..."

  "She tracked me down with my name, knowing that a... gay like me had a crush on James, her boyfriend. T-then came the b-bullying." I clench my hands.