𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝕬𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖟𝖊

Start from the beginning

"You mean Don and Gilda?" Ray realized. You nodded. 'We left everything to them,' you signed.

And it worked. You told Emma about the plan through them and the two of you controlled everything behind the scenes. Emma was in charge of leading the preparation and gathering and you were in charge of the training. You couldn't communicate with each other but you trusted the other to follow the plan to the end.

"Supplies, food, clothes, everything is prepared," Emma said. "Now, everything is completed."

"Wow, nice going," Ray said, impressed. "So, what's left is: how do we escape?"

"About that, I have a plan," Emma answered. "Let's escape tomorrow afternoon."

"Wait," Ray said, holding up his hand. "You want to escape during the daytime? That's not going to work. The situation isn't what we thought it was. In my opinion, it has to be done at night." He pulled out a chair for you. "Sit down and I'll tell you what I think."

And so you did. After sitting down, Ray proceeded to explain the circumstance. "There's no way to climb down the cliff and if you're going to escape, it has to be by the bridge. But there's only one bridge and it leads straight to headquarters," he started. "There are two problems here. One is Mama's watchful eyes and two is the security on the bridge."

You nodded in understanding. During the day, Isabella was still constantly watching you and not only that, she always had one of the babies in her arms, making it hard for you to be able to escape with everyone like you had planned. And at night, they sleep in her room, making it even harder.

And the problem with the bridge. There was only one bridge you could use and once news of their escape reached the demons' ears, there's no doubt that they'll rush there. Not to mention, it's near the headquarters. They could be anywhere. So what could you do?

"I think this is the best answer," Ray said, opening the cardboard box on the table. Your eyes narrowed as he opened the box, revealing cartons of ignition oil. "At night, we'll light the House on fire," he said.

"You're going to start a fire?" Emma asked, her eyes widening. "That's right," Ray answered. "While Mama's distracted putting it out, we'll lead everyone outside, saying it's an evacuation. If we seal the door to the secret room, Mama can't notify headquarters and this way, we can make them think that this is a 'fire', not an escape. Then security won't be focused on the bridge at least for a while."

"And as a bonus, I prepared a little something else," he continued. "Ten Molotov cocktails. They're in the forest, hidden in the shadow of that 'blind spot' boulder."

'Molotov cocktails...' Your eyes widened in disbelief. What... just exactly how much had you prepared? And where had he gotten all the oil and Molotov cocktails from? You've been working with him for five years yet you had never been made aware of this?

"As you're moving towards the bridge, throw them into the other plants. If all goes well, there'll be another fire to make security even scarcer," Ray said. "And don't worry. There'll be no one in the forest at night so no one will get hurt."

You couldn't help but smirk to yourself. It was truly scary, how much thought he had put into this.

Ray looked at your leg, asking, "How's your leg?" You gave him a nod, stomping your now-healed leg on the floor. "Perfect then," Ray said, smirking. "Then let's do it now. Instead of tomorrow, let's run away tonight, right now."

Ray unscrewed one of the cartons open, pouring the content on the wooden planks. "Don't worry. This place is the farthest you can get from the kids' rooms. They'll be able to get out before the fire starts," he reassured.