Chapter 14 (revised)

Start from the beginning

"After what I just saw, I have no to believe you." Riza put her gun back in its holster.

Healing abilities.. does that mean that creature's still alive then?...

Roy gripped the steering wheel. "Hold on, we rendered fat boy down to a bubbling puddle back there. Are you telling me he's still alive?"

"Probably." Alphonse answered.

"Fuck.." I whispered under my breath.

Roy scoffed, hearing the swear I just let out. "Wonderful! Just a never ending parade of freaks lately huh?"

I laughed at that. That's the same thing the guys back at home say about Central, it's a freak show in their eyes.

Roy glanced at me.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry. I shouldn't be laughing but, it's just that.." I waved my hand dismissively. "Ah, never mind. It's a Briggs thing."

He rolled his eyes at my short answer. I glanced down as he purposely pushed his leg up against mine and he left it there. I smiled before looking up at Barry again.

We ended up following Barry for an hour, and by that time the sun had set, it was dark.

I kept my eyes on his body for as long as I could, until Roy caught my attention. He wanted me to fix the glove around his hand. It somehow got pushed up, probably from his uniform sleeve being too long.

I fixed it but when I looked back Barry's body was gone. "Shit!" I hit the dashboard. "I lost him!"

Riza sighed. "And I wasn't keeping an eye on him either."

"It's fine." Roy comforted me. "We'll just follow Barry." He cocked his head forward, Barry was waiting for us at the end of the street.

We pulled up to a fenced building. Roy stopped the car and I followed him out.

I peaked around the corner, looking at the entrance; Roy looking over me as well. The rest peered around the corner too.

"My body ran in there. Seems to think it can hide from me." Barry pulled back.

"The third laboratory huh." Roy pulled back too, standing up straight. "So this ties them directly to the military." He turned back to the group. "That's all we need for now. We're pulling back."

YES, we're going home..!

"Well you have fun with that!" Barry ran passed us, he made his way towards the entrance.

"Get back here!" Havoc yelled at him.

You could hear Barry's yelling from where we stood.

Havoc looked around the corner. "That psycho stormed the building."

I groaned, looking over his shoulder. "That dumbass." The door was wide open.

"Yup, it's our lucky day." Roy smirked.

I turned back around, he had this conniving look on his face. I guess we're not going home then..

"We're going in after him, act like we're there to capture him." He started explaining. "It'll give us a chance to look deeper. Maybe get some answers."

"Alright." I won't lie, I was getting excited with this plan. I hadn't gotten any action since that last Drachman attack on Briggs; that was months ago.

Roy's smile faded when he looked at me. "This is as far as you go Devlin."

I was immediately disappointed. "Why?"