Chapter 14 (revised)

Start from the beginning

"Yes Sir." But before he jumped in, Alphonse ran over.

"Are you trying to go after Mr. Hughes' murderer?"

I looked at Roy, waiting for his decision.

Roy thought it over. "You in?"

"Yeah." Alphonse followed Havoc into the car and we sped off after Barry.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I glanced at Roy.

He kept his eyes on the road. "It's not like we have any other choice. We're short on people with Breda and Armstrong being in the East."

"But you sent them there."

He held his hand up. "Can we fight about this later?"

I sighed loudly.

Roy pulled up next to Barry. "Don't let him get away."

Barry grunted. "He ain't going nowhere." He laughed. "My soul won't be able to rest, not until I eviscerate that meat bag!"

I leaned forward and looked through the windshield window. I could see Barry's real body running along the tops of the buildings.

Riza reloaded her gun. "So do you think we can expect another appearance from that blubber-beast back there?"

I kept my eyes on Barry's body. "I doubt it."

"Yeah, we scorched him off the ledge." Roy added.

She finished reloading. "Yeah, and I shot him in the head, but he didn't really seem to mind."

I glanced at Roy, he just kept his eyes on the road, following Barry. I caught him do a quick glance at me. I snapped my gaze back onto Barry's body, feeling embarrassed for getting caught.

Alphonse gasped. "He didn't have an Uroboros tattoo, did he?"

Uroboros tattoo?

Riza looked at him. "A tattoo? Well.." She paused. "Actually yeah, on his tongue."

Alphonse was silent for a moment. "In that case, you were probably dealing with a Homunculus."

Homunculus? A small gasp left my mouth. That's impossible. There's no way those things exist.

Roy and I glanced at each other, as if reading each other's minds. His eyes were off the road for so long that he swerved and almost hit Barry.

Shock and confusion took over. I'd only read about Homunculi, I didn't think they actually existed. In fact, the book said they didn't.

Roy hit his hand against the steering wheel. "Hold on a damn second!" He was in disbelief. "What are you saying Al? That's just not possible!"

"Homunculi don't exist!" I turned in my seat to glance at him. "There's no way."

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Until I got kidnapped by a Homunculus. He called himself Greed." He explained.

I turned back around, making sure Barry's body was still in sight. What the hell do these kids get up to?

Alphonse continued. "One thing he told me is that nothing is impossible."

Roy grunted, hearing his story.

"I know for a fact that they have amazing healing powers. I watched Greed get the top half of his head get knocked off. But he was perfectly fine in a minute later."

I sat back, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was everything I knew not real? Or not correct at least?

"They're real alright. I understand if you don't believe me." He finished.