Part 1

I wanted to be an actor so bad. My dad believed in me. I tried so hard. I went to so many auditions. I never got a gig. Not once. I haven't been able to make a living so at 27 years old, I had to move back in with my mom, dad left a few years ago after the divorce.

My good friend John, who I've known for quite a few years now, offered to let me move in several times but I can't help but feel like a burden because I'm out of work. Not that I don't feel like a burden with my mom, I just really don't want to inconvenience John more than anything. I'd love to live with him. It sounds like a dream come true. Being such good friends, practically being the same person, we'd get on well.

I'm currently in my room, sitting with my knees to my chest, feeling like shit. I know I need to get up and moving and try to get something done with my life but I'm starting to lose all hope. I decide to ring John, being on the phone with him almost always makes me feel lighter, better inside, happier.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. He picks up. "Hey y/n, what's up? It's like 11:30."

"Sorry... I just feel like shit and don't really know what to do."

"Do you wanna talk about it or something? I'm not really busy right now." I hear a creaking sound through the phone, most likely John leaning back in his office chair.

"I just... don't know what to do with my life. I can't find a job no matter how hard I try. What could I even do? I can't be an entertainer and that's all I've ever wanted to do." Tears form in my eyes so I lean my head back against the wall and take a deep breath to prevent them from falling.

"If you just want to be an entertainer, why not be a streamer or YouTuber? I can help you get started."

I'd thought of the idea of recording with John before but never went through with it because I wasn't sure how he'd feel about it. But now that he'd suggested it himself it seems more possible.

"Is that just an excuse for me to play more games with you?" I give a slightly choked laugh, throat still kind of messed up from almost crying.

"Ha, maybe a bit. But I mean come on, why wouldn't I want to play with you? Nothin' tops you. Except maybe me." I can practically hear the wink after his dirty joke. "Why not give it a try? You know you miss every shot you don't take."

I exhale loudly. "Hell, why not. Wanna come over and help me set shit up?"

"Absolutely baby." I feel my cheeks warm up a bit at the nickname. Goddamn it, John.

"Thanks babe, can't wait to see you." I fire back.

"Alright, tomorrow good?" John asks mid yawn.

"Yeah," I pause to yawn as well. "See you then, John."

"See you then, y/n."