Chapter Forty Five: Wedding

Start from the beginning

A few minutes later a man comes in. He's probably in his twenties. He has black wavey hair. Like Prince Caspians. He has grey eyes and tanned skin. He has a bit of stubble. Grace and I give each other the "damn he's hot and if we were single..." look. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a slut! I love Adam and would never ever cheat! This guy is just really hot. He's holding an expensive looking camera.

"I'm the photographer. James." He smiles.

He talks to mum for a bit and then begins taking photos. Mum gets her hair done and then goes over to the lady, Jane I think her name is. Meg goes over to Steve. He does a beautiful fish tale plait in Meg's long hair. Meg looks chuffed at it.

"I'll go get ready and put Meg into her dress." Ray smiles and takes Megan's hand.

Grace goes over to get her hair done. She has it done in a neat low bun. Around the bun is a thin plait.

Mum stands up. Her make up is done. Wow. Her lips are pink and her eyes silver and sparkly. Her hair is done as we suggested in the hairdressers. She looks beautiful.

"I'm going to go and put on my dress." She grins.

She gives me a hug and then goes out the room. I go over to get my hair done.

"Hey again." Smiles Steve.

"Heya." I grin.

"Excited?"

"Yeah." I smile.

The photographer comes over and kneels down by me. He laughs lightly.

"What?" I ask him.

"Act natural. Pretend I am not here."

"That's hard when you have your camera pointed at me." I lightly reply.

"Just stare in the mirror. It's looks like a really good shot, trust me. I'm a professional."

I do as he says.

"See." He smiles and hands me the camera.

There's a little screen in which I see the picture he's just taken. It's really good quality. He was right, it's a cool picture. I press the top button and aim it at him. He knows what I'm about to do so he sticks out his tongue. I laugh as I look at the picture and then hand him back the camera. James goes off to take more pictures.

Steve finishes my hair and I thank him. It's curled and part up, part down. It makes my recent red streaks stand out. I go over to get my make-up done. Grave talks to me while I get my make-up done. We said we'd out our dresses on together. Also we need help zipping them up.

My make-up is done. It feels weird. I never wear foundation and the lady put it on. My eyes are shinny and sparkly purple, just like Grace's. My lips are a gently rose red. We go into the other room and see our dresses hanging up.

I pull off my sweatpants and hoodie and put on my dress. Grace zips me up and I zip her up.

"Wow." She breathes. "We look awesome!"

I laugh. We do. We walk downstairs together. Ray is in a plane red dress and sliver heeled shoes. Meg looks adorable in her flower girl dress and plait. Mum looks amazing. She is wearing a white sparkly knee high dress. It has thin white straps and a white thick ribbon bow around the waist.

She gasps as she sees Grace and I come down the stairs.

"You look beautiful!"

"So do you!" I smile and pull her into a hug. "Mum don't cry, you'll ruin your make-up." I warn.

James takes a few more photos of us all together and then we get into the car. A white limo. We climb in. James gets into the front seat and on occasion turns around and takes pictures of us all in the back.

We arrive at the church. Ray and James walk in first. Then Megan walks in with Grace. I assume they're walking down the aisle. I link my arm with mums.

"Ready?" I smile.

She nods.

We walk in together. The music plays and we walk down the aisle together. I see Adam in a suit at the front next to John. Both of their eyes widen. Tom is sat with Grace on a bench at the side. All the people sitting on the benches have their eyes in us as I walk with mum down the aisle.

I take my seat, next to Megan and Adam. Adam takes my hand.

"You look beautiful." He whispers in my ear..

I smile at him. Megan leans against me and I wrap my arm around her. The ceromoney begins.

Adam rises and goes to give the rings. Mum and John say their vows. They kiss and everybody claps. We rise as they walk down the aisle. Tom and Grace follow after them, their arms linked. I pick Megan up, she's crying. Happy tears. I link with Adam and we walk down the aisle. My arm in his and Megan hugging me.

We get out the church and a lot of pictures are taken. The bridesmaids. The bride and groom. The groomsmen. The groom and bridesmaids. Me and John. Me and Megan. Me and Grace. Me and Grace and Megan. Me and mum. Tom and Grace. Me and Adam. Adam, Tom, me and Grace. Etc, etc. the photos never stop. My cheeks start to hurt from smiling so much.

James is showing Grace the pictures judging by the looks of it. He looks up and smiles at me. I smile back and then continue my conversation with Johns mum. Well, my Grandmother now.

Grace comes over.

"There is the cutest one of us!" She grins.

I talk to a few more people. And then get into the car with Tom, Adam and Grace. Mum had hired a limo to take us to the reception.

"We're officially step-siblings now." Adam says.

I shrug.

"I still love you." I smile and peck his lips.

He wraps his arm around me and pulls me close. Grace and Tom are in great discussion about what they would do if they had three wishes. It's quite funny hearing some of the things they come out with.

I lean against Adam and fight back the tears. I miss my Dad. I try and push it back but one escapes.

"Are you okay?" Adam whispers.

I nod.

"I just miss my Dad." I whisper back.

"I know the feeling." He replies.

It must be hard for him to have a new mum, my mum.

"But they're happy." He smiles. "And that's great."

"Yeah." I agree.

"Also, if my Dad never met your mum, I would never have met you."

I look up at him. I meet his eyes.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Our lips meet and my stomach flutters.

We arrive at the reception venue and walk in, hand in hand.

I see mum and John, hugging Megan. I smile at the sight. I have my mum smiling happily at her new husband and my gorgeous little sister. They're showering her with love. I have the incredible friends and my perfect boyfriend. I'm surrounded by people who love and support me. The people around me are happy.

I sit down at the table next to Adam. He locks his fingers with mine and shoots me a heart stopping smile. I smile back at him.

There's a flash and James takes a photo.

Then it hits me. We're surrounded by family and friends. Holding hands. Kissing. Two step siblings. Happy and in love.

I'm not his dirty little secret anymore.