running with the wind

Tags: Werewolf Stiles Stilinski, Alpha Werewolf Stiles Stilinski, Scent Marking, Scenting, First Time, Beta Derek Hale, Alternate Universe

Title - running with the wind

Author - thepsychicclam

~

Summary:

Derek's been running and hopes he can find sanctuary in the Stilinski Pack's territory. The Alpha isn't the strong sheriff he thought he was, but a sarcastic awkward teenager that Derek finds he kinda hates.

~

Comment(s) - Alpha!Stiles, which is new, but I really loved it, hope you do too!!

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Work Text:

Derek paused, hands on his thighs as he breathed. He had been running for way too long; his body was exhausted and he couldn’t make it much farther. He had probably run over a hundred miles today.

There wasn’t a mark indicating the territory line, but Derek could feel the power in his bones. The scent of another Pack, of an Alpha, the power of that Alpha extending to the edge of his territory. Derek couldn’t go around the territory – he was about to drop on the spot. Plus, he didn’t know how far behind him the other Pack was.

Derek warily stepped across the territory line, as if he expected to be electrocuted or strung up in a trap. But nothing happened. Derek let out a breath he didn’t know he’d been holding.

He cautiously walked deeper into the forest, into the Pack’s territory. The territory belonged to the Stilinski Pack. It was a small Pack that most other Pack’s took no notice of. Beacon Hills was a tiny town nestled away in Northern California, and from what Derek could tell, they kept to themselves. Derek remembered his mother talking of Beacon Hills fondly. Derek had never been to Beacon Hills, but his mother had been friends with some of the Pack members as a child. When Derek had started running, he ran towards Beacon Hills, the memory of his mother smiling as she spoke of the Preserve under full moons in his mind.

When Derek had googled Beacon Hills at a library in a town a couple hundred miles south two days ago, he’d learned that Alpha Stilinski was better known as Sheriff Stilinski.

Nice cover, Derek thought.

He hoped he’d judged the Pack correctly. He needed a temporary sanctuary, needed to heal, recover, and figure out his next move. He had tried to do that alone, and had almost gotten cornered because of it. It was a gamble, but maybe the Beacon Hills Pack would be as friendly to Derek as they’d been to his mother.

Derek combed the woods looking for a suitable den for the night. He found an empty summer cabin which hadn’t been used in several months. Since it was late fall, he decided it would make suitable shelter for the night.

He hunted near the cabin, catching two rabbits for dinner. He made a small fire near the cabin and roasted the rabbits. He didn’t like the taste of raw meat if he could help it. Laura always made fun of him for it, for his human palette.

Had made fun of him. Laura was dead, he reminded himself.

Suddenly, he wasn’t hungry anymore, but he forced himself to eat the meat. He needed his strength, especially if the meeting with the Alpha didn’t go well the next day. He couldn’t keep running on no food.

When he’d finished his dinner, he covered the signs of his fire, then went inside the cabin and stretched out on the bed. The night was too quiet, the cabin stuffy and confining, but it was warm and safer than being outside.