Ohana Means Family (and so does pack)

Tags: Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Pack Dynamics, Pack Mom Stiles Stilinski

Words: 13370

Title: Ohana Means Family (and so does pack)

Author: TamrynEradani
~
Summary:

How Stiles goes from run of the mill teenage boy to co-parent of a pack of unruly werewolves.
~
************
Text:

Like everything, it starts with Scott.

Stiles is perfectly happy to live his life, mind his own business, pop into the werewolf world only long enough to pull Scott out of his latest crisis or help him with something Derek doesn’t have the time to teach him, but that doesn’t last for long. Because the werewolf world comes and seeks him out.

Not in the way Peter had sought Scott out, no Stiles isn’t a werewolf and he has no plans to ever be one. No, it’s a literal seeking out. Stiles is in his room, messing around on youtube and pretending he’s doing his homework, when Derek bursts through his open window.

Stiles stopped closing his window weeks ago, after that one time Scott crashed through the actual window and shattered it. Stiles had been finding slivers of glass in his bed for days after that and now it’s just easier to keep the window open. Of course, he might revise that position if an open window is equal to an invitation for any werewolf who feels like it to drop by unannounced.

Derek lands in the middle of Stiles’s room in a low crouch, much more graceful than Scott’s entrances, and he scans the room, completely ignoring Stiles.

“He isn’t here,” Derek says, and a frown pulls his eyebrows in tight. He looks at Stiles like this is somehow his fault. “Where’s Scott?”

“Uh,” Stiles is still trying to process unwanted interruption of his precious not-doing-homework time, and the best he can come up with is, “Not here?”

Derek huffs out an impatient sigh. “Thank you for repeating my observation. Very helpful.”

“Dude, chill,” Stiles says, pushing his rolling chair away from his desk, because YouTube has no hope of holding his attention while Derek is around. Actually, there isn’t much that can hold his attention when Derek’s around. It’s a problem, and one that someone’s going to pick up on eventually. Not Derek, because he’s oblivious to everything Stiles does and not Scott because he’s oblivious to everything. If Stiles were to put down bets, he’d have a tough choice deciding between Allison and Lydia. They’re both observant.

“He skipped another pack meeting, and he told me it was to spend time with you, but he’s not here which makes him a liar. I’m not going to ‘chill’.”

Damn it, Scott, Stiles thinks. A little warning would be nice when Stiles was made the girlfriend excuse.

“He’s with Allison,” Derek says, and he turns his eyes up to the ceiling for a moment and takes a deep breath. “I’m—“

“Please don’t threaten to kill him,” Stiles interrupts. “I’m sure you could, and I’m sure I couldn’t stop you, but he’s my best friend. I’d rather not listen to death threats against him.”

Derek sighs and seems to crumple on the floor, his shoulders rolling forward, his head bowing, and Stiles is glad there’s no yelling and shouting, but this isn’t what he was expecting, and it might actually be worse. Because this is Derek defeated.

“Uh, the bed might be more comfortable,” Stiles says, and he immediately regrets it when Derek’s sharp gaze snaps up to look at him. Doesn’t stop Stiles from talking, though. “I mean, if you’re going to have a breakdown, the bed’s a good place. Has held up under a lot of emotional strain. Not that I’m often emotional. You know, just every once in a while. Big things. Um, okay, usually you stop me when I start going off like this.”

Sterek One Shots (manxman)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें